DH Teleport Homers

iamnothere

I've been trying out some of our less used items in games recently and last night used our teleport homer.

Wow, what a cool piece of kit! I gave it to a justicar, kept him on the edge of the squad and placed the template. Then (from my reading of the rules) placed my 5 man squad anywhere I liked under the template. This allowed me to cover more ground, spread myself out and have a much better shooting phase with my incinerator than ever before.

Anyone else had experience using them?

:D

What?

The thing is dude, the recent FAQ said point-blank 'your teleport homers are now suddenly useless, don't take them'. And anyway, I think you're doing it wrong.

First, you have a model with a teleport homer already on the table (most people used IST Veterans in Rhinos).

Next, you Deepstrike a unit of GKT's or a teleport attack squad.

Under the 3rd edition rules, you place the large blast template centered on the teleport homer model, then procede to fit all of the Deepstriking unit onto the template.

GW have now said that due to old wording, the teleport homer doesnt even work anymore, so it's a moot point. Just draw a line through it in the armoury section.

@Reclusiarch Darious :cuss does it say in the FAQ that it's obsolete?

Looking at the rules in C:DH for the teleport homer it says to centre the template on the model carrying the homer and then place the models. In my eyes with the 5th ed template rules that means I can spread out under the template.

It doesn't say I need to be in base contact, just to place the models under the template.

Most people will allow you to use the "standard" TP homer rules as outlined in both the 4e and 5e Marines codexes, even if you're otherwise playing strict RAW with the DH codex.

However, there's no denying that under strict RAW -- in light of GW's 5th edition FAQ that says to ignore any rules that reference mechanics or other rules that don't exist in the new edition of the game -- DH TP homers are entirely useless.

Worth noting that the INAT 2.0 FAQ, which is used by Adepticon, specifically addresses this problem (makes TP homers work as you'd want and expect) and notes that doing so is a rules "clarification".

Archived