Chaos Terminator Champions

Magnus Thane

How worthwhile is it to upgrade your Chaos Termies to Champs?

Is it a valid strategy to make an entire squad consist out of them or would it be a pointsink that doesn't pay back the investment?

I still haven't tried out the new codex decently having mostly just exercises with more basic troops. I never even realized fully this was possible.

I use my plastic Termies as champs and my smaller metal ones as regular. This is more for ast....asst...asthetics(sp) than anything else, and so they have been a point sink several times.

Hmmm okay. I think i'll use my chain/power fist ones for that too. Was what i was thinking about doing anyway.

For my birthday i'm going to buy that Termie superpack to turn my Black Legion force into a Termie heavy Elite Strikeforce.

So i'll be able to use that advise of you guys. Thanks!

I agree that if you have a Power/Chain Fist you can splurge on a Champion. Of course a Champion and another Power Fist cost the same.

Twin Claws are also a good time to splurge, 5 attacks on the charge that reroll wounds is pretty nasty.

Hmm i'm planning to build/expand my army towards a CSM/Termie heavy force.

Basically using 2-3 rhino mounted 10 man squads to advance and act as beacons to sent in Termiesquads.

So i suppose a group of Fist having Champs among them would be lethal and probably efficient.

Archived