Imperial Icons post-heresy

Zeller

Afternoon,

I bought a few used chaos tanks a few weeks ago and they arrived today. Now, the chaos tank kits are simply loyalist kits with chaos bits to customize them. This includes Imperial icons such as the skull and crossbones on the predator destructor's autocannon sight and ammunition. I'm tempted to sand these off and replace them with something suitably chaosy. I am also considering defiling them as I would assume chaos marines would have done. What is the appropriate approach from a fluff perspective.

Last one. Chaos tanks come with trophy racks as we all know. However, I cut the top spikes off and glue them onto the hull at various angles because I feel it makes the tanks more chaosy and fulfills the description of chaos tanks being hardly recognisable to their loyalist counterparts. Does anyone else do this?

This might be a cross between Chaos Ascendant and PCA Questions.

I left the skull and cross bones on my Dakka Pred. If it had wings I'd worry but it's a flippin' skull and cross bones; that's pretty generic in my book.

I never use the trophy racks right off the sprue and yes I cut the spikes off and sparingly mount them on the tank. I have been trying to not go over the top with my new Chaos army like I did with my first Chaos army.

I bought a chaos vindicator the other day and to my horror,found a huge IMPERIAL eagle on the left side armour plating.

After a while of filing and sanding,replaced it with the elongated chaos star :rolleyes:

Archived