The first Mini for y 'Crusade' Army

Ompfris

Is that the crusade symbol/logo thing on the marines right shoulder pad? I like it.

Good mix of the Space Wolf and Iron Hands bits ;)

although I'm not too sure on the helmet - wouldn't it be attached to his belt instead of dangling from his arm?

Well I took onboard the paining advice offered by 'Stark333' the Gray, Red, Bown and Flesh are all mixed thinned and have 3 or 4 layers in differnt shades, The Space wolf side of the armour and the leather parts came out really well.

Re Helmet:- I thought I would try doing something differnt...

I'm not painting the detail on the shoulder pads until the whole unit is finished... so about 9 more weeks ;)

thanks for your comments.

I like it, I like it alot :), the colours work really well together, the black and grey contrast is spot on, and the trasition between them is executed perfectly. The edge highlighting is pretty spot on too. A good selection of bits that go together like they were meant to be like that. I can't wait to see more of these guys, are you going to be mixing Iron hands and Space Wolf bits for all of them?

What markings are you going with for them btw? I've always found it a little difficult to come up with markings for pre-heresy schemes. My only niggle, and it is a small one, is the mould lines on his legs and backpack but they're easy to miss, I do it all the time... and I can forgive them being there because of the overall quality of the rest of the mini. All in all though, a mini you can be proud of, and when you're done an army to be proud of, keep up the good work.

(whinging tone) Nine weeks is ages away, I hope you'll keep us updated with your progress.

are you going to be mixing Iron hands and Space Wolf bits for all of them?

No not all of them are Iron hands / Space wolf - I satred off with the idea of a Death Watch / Vetran squad for my blood angels. (thats why he has red shoulderpad trim and knee pad)

here is wha the squad will consist of :-

gallery_38383_2606_24670.jpg

can you tell who everyone is?

I've just put my little girl to bed, i'm gonna relax with a beer then start a WIP thread for the other 9

Ooooh very nice, can't wait to see that Crimson Fist. Enjoy that beer. :lol:

EDIT: Which one is the sergeant? I'm guessing the Blood Angel :D

You mean Imperial Fist?

Great looking mini! Ale?

I've just been over and had a look in your WIP for these guys and like I said over there, whatever you're doing is making these look really good, keep it up because this squad is going to look great whether its sitting on display, or bringing the Emperor's light to a forsaken corner of a gaming table ^_^

I think you shold leave the sword as is for the Ultramarine, it looks alright to me, although you could add a really really think line of ogre flesh wash down each edge of it to ease the transition from yellow to black. It's not neccesary, but it might make a difference.

James

I thought I was done... and when I was sticking the pictures together I noticed i've not painted the knife sheath and I havent Highlighted the Helmet! whoops oh and I dropped him off the desk so the spike comming out of the Tyranid skull snapped off... heh :)

The face I tryed the 9 step painting guide in this months white dwarf... happy with the mouth but not the eyes...

gallery_38383_2606_895.jpg

Archived