Defiler/Chaos Land Raider - which is better?

the dark god

If your asking for peoples opinions then this is mine:

The defiler is a much cooler model, but the landraider is far superior in many ways....but is more expensive in points

Its down to what the player wants/needs from his units

GC08

maybe if your looking for something evil to support your with troops and then get down into the fighting... I'd say go with the defiler.

but if your looking for something that doesn't blow up (as) easy and can offer good and mixed firepower, while transporting your terminators into the swirl of melee.... go with the raider.

my 2 cents

for what kind of an army build . if you take LR then you have to use a rush build , if you use defilers then one can be more flexible . what doesnt mean that I see defilers as better option . they are huge models with weak armor and personally I would never use them outside of heavy hth based armies.

what is better a chaos defiler or land raider?

As others have said, it all depends.

For me, I either run a 3-4 Land Raider army or a 3 Rhino, 3 Defiler army. The Rhino/Defiler is cheaper and more flexible but it lacks the heavy armor of the 3 Land Raiders.

for what kind of an army build . if you take LR then you have to use a rush build , if you use defilers then one can be more flexible . what doesnt mean that I see defilers as better option . they are huge models with weak armor and personally I would never use them outside of heavy hth based armies.

i wouldn't say you have to use a rush build to use a land raider.... back in 4th ed i used it to ferry my rapid fire squad from the middle of the board to support wherever, then to support them with godhammery goodness...

Archived