CSM renegade strike force

Uprising

I started chaos like three weeks ago(I think) and really didn`t buy anything yet. My warband are Dragon Warriors and my hobby store is starting warhammer tourments in 3 weeks. My playing stlye is fast assualt, so all troops will have rhinos with other vechile like defilers. If i buy it then i will also have to buy a box of berzerkers, two more rhinos, deamon prince and deamons. So is this a good deal or not?

Good call. I'd drop the daemons for now. They're generic though useful still but early on no priority in a starting army. At least in my opinion. Given it's the DW use lots of flamers and the likes. (though you probably already knew that)

I purchased the RSF a couple of months ago. I thought it was a really great deal. You have HQ, 2 troop choices, rhinos for both squads, 5 termies, vindy and defiler. You can start playing right away, as hq and 2 troops are the mandatory. You mentioned that you want beserkers, so Battleforce may be a cheaper choice. You don't get HQ choice, but you do get 8 beserkers, 15 troops/chosen, 5 possessed and a rhino, if I recall. Plenty of HQ choices in blister for under $20 bucks. I still haven't built my defiler or LR from the RSF and I'm already fielding 1500 pt armies with the majority of the RSF models, plus other add-ons.

i would have bought it.... and it been around when i started. but i made do with the old chaos battleforce.

but if your loooking to expand your forces with berzerkers and what not.... the boxed set comes with 12 models i believe.... which is the most you get outa any of the cult troops. ( and they are plastic!! woohoo)

go for it, it seems like a solid force you could really wreck some havoc with.

My playing style is fast assault, so all troops will have rhinos with other vehicle like defilers. If i buy it then i will also have to buy a box of berzerkers, two more rhinos, daemon prince and daemons. So is this a good deal or not?

Let's break it down,

The renegade strike force. $240$. 350$ if you buy them separately:

1x Chaos Space Marines Terminator Lord

5x Chaos Space Marines Terminators

20x Chaos Space Marines

2x Chaos Space Marines Rhinos

1x Chaos Space Marines Land Raider

1x Chaos Space Marines Vindicator

1x Chaos Space Marines Defiler

26 models, 5 vehicles.

Original CSM battleforce, 90$. 120$ if bought separately:

15x Chaos Space Marines

5x Possessed Chaos Space Marines

8x Khorne Berserkers

1x Chaos Space Marine Rhino.

28 models, 1 vehicle.

As for the first one, you want defilers and rhinos, check (one and two respectively).

For the second one, Khorne berzerkers, check. One Rhino, check. In order to bump it up you'll be looking at buying the extra Rhinos, Defiler and other vehicles on the side.

Unless you'll never use a Terminator Lord, the Landraider or the Vindicator, it appears that the Renegade Strike Force is your best bet out of the two.

Archived