Dark Angels Librarian

HJL

ive never had the confidence to put any of my own work up on here before, so here goes.

gallery_25668_1009_11385.jpg

gallery_25668_1009_76729.jpg

gallery_25668_1009_33752.jpg

please forgive if some of the pics are blury, im trying to get to grips with my wifes profesional camera and the options require some sort of genious to get right.

I actually like the source lighting on the eyes, never been confident enough to try it tho (but then I only own 2 psykers not wearing helmets).

You have the right tough of highlighting/blending on the blue, and the wash on the DA pad looks good, subtle, but just enough to pick out details. I think you could do with picking out the inner rim of the pad with dark green ink, or even black wash.

Also i'd recommend going over the chest eagle once more, its looking a little too brown. The gold on the staff i'd pick out details with chestnut ink.

ASide from that, its a great paint job, on a great conversion.

for some reason I like the eyes.

and the overall of the mini. great work there.

but like "mal" said.. the chest eagle.. in comperison with the force staf looks "pale"

uhmmm time for me to start my libie, and post pics <_<

cheers atin

thanks for the advice all, the chest was actually supposed to be brown with bleached bone over it to tie in with the rest of my army.

im not sure about the eyes my self, its my first attempt at source lighting, it was supposed to look like lightning comeing out of his eyes, but i dont know if it really works or not, there have been a lot of mixed reviews.

overall im glad you liked it though :P i shall put more of my stuff up in future.

I like the eyes. The model overall is painted well. The chest eagle could use some work. And yes there is no such thing as a librarian with a helmet in any circle of the warhammer 40000 universe. For some reason, imperial psykers are helmet adverse, while chaos and xenos have no problem.

Oh and 1500 posts and none of your personal stuff on here, shame on you. We are all friends here so don't be afraid :D

ive got loads of stuff posted up in the DA section, my personal galery has tonnes of stuff in it, just never put anything up on the hall of honor before.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived