I Need Help Sourcing Models

Yodhrin

Hey guys, I was hoping someone here could help me out with a couple of things.

The first is I'm trying to find a GW plastic kit with relatively bulky, bare legs. Or at least the calves bare. I want to give my Skitarii a very gene-bulked, brutal look with armour inspired by a mix of Roman Legionaires and the FW Titan Crew helmets, but I can't seem to find any models which have bare legs to sculpt the tunics on to. I'm not confident sculpting flesh yet, and I want to be able to use the force in GW stores, so it needs to be official.

Second, I need some help finding pics of walkers with heavy, sturdy looking legs, for inspiration for my Praetorians. I like the tracked versions which are quite common, but I really fancy the idea of doing these relentless looking machine-men. The problem is no matter how I sketch them they either come off looking stubby or too spindly(like "chicken walker" style dreads).

Cheers.

Big thick legs, I think Orges from Fantasy...

Here is a conversion I did with a Sentinel and a Techmarine...

gallery_37026_3093_47726.jpg

I am using him as my archmagis veneratus. I thought it came out extremely well, used the cockpit for a head of a knight titan. That one isn't finished yet but it looks good too.

F-C

• 5 weeks later...

Archived