Chapter master 454s bankai

Well since some of you enjoyed my update and were happy about it I have decided to make this the more 'offical' topic for the creation.

Please be kind, he has yet to get any of the gaps filled and I am gonna get the wings sometime in the future (but I will do so, I swear it). The legs also need to be found, looking for a assault marine legs, not kneeless, so I can turn them into a hover position. Now to be frank: I'm kinda frightened I have let down your expectations but I'd decided to hell with it and so with no further A-do I give you the four first ever pictures of chapter master 454s bankai (yet to be named)

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...i&img=26331

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...i&img=26332

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...i&img=26333

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...i&img=26334

Reason for the lenthened chainsword: Thats the Zanpakutō sealed state except smaller, when painted I shall give it a very detailed looking cover and maybe add things here and there. Also provides reason for it as a 'count as' lightning claw (the teeth repeatly chewing away at the opponent at a faster rate and are far sharper for all you fluff lovers!)

WARNING: this is supposed to be completely and utterly over the top and completely mad.

Helmet was the easiest bit. It's a high elf ellyrion reaver set i think, but basicly theres this bit like a crown that goes onto the helmet of one of the reavers (signifing what I do not know). I cut out the middle part of it and tidied it up and later as you might see took off lower feathers. The helmet was just taken from a bog standard marine and i basicly cut off the pipes and side rise bits until the two feather sets could fit round the eyes right. To reply to Term, the front chest is yet to receice anything like seals and such and maybe some armour plating or just some spare dragon parts i have. The reason i used the lower jaw of the dragon is because it fits the theme and to be honest makes an effective front plate. I am considering removing the scales on that lower jaw chest plate.

I'm glad so far I've got somewhat positive reponces, makes me feel able to countine doing this with even more gusto!

Oh and if any of yous can come up with a name for his sword and bankai (something quite preferablely dragon like) then i would be gratful for the help. I'm looking myself but so far nothing. anyway, moving onwards, forwards and never backwards.

Recently just finished filling the gaps he has with blu-tac. Now just before i get a reply saying: 'Use green stuff it's better' I prefer blu-tac over green stuff because dispite it not setting, you can get a minor set by super glue coating it and hence nice. Another bonus is if the model is broken (and after the culprit has had his fingers and hands removed joint at a time with a rusty butterknife) the blu-tac can be easily reformed and repaired without hassle. Not to mention the other bits of blu-tac are useful for sticking up posters and such, and i feel more confident about using blu-tac since theres no time limit.

I'll be seeing about wings and legs tomorrow when I to the GW, see if i can buy some spare wings or assault marine legs, fail that just see if I can get the wings ordered. I'm yet to decide wheter or not to stick purity seals and such to the front chest and remove the details (like the wrinkles and scales) to make a more consistent feel and not so random. Paint scheme is still being decided except for the under armour which will be chapter master 454s armour colour scheme. Anyway thats all for now.

There's a few things I could say about it, let's start positive;

I like the helmet, it's a good idea and is executed well.

The shoulder fins are okay too, in an Alpha legion chaotic kind of way.

The rest is (in my eyes) terrible. The head as armour looks ridiculous, especially from the back. The tail over his head is so much over the top that even GW doesn’t do it. Adding feathered wings to scaly armour creates a very large difference in appearance, as if the wings are glued on instead of being part of the war gear.

And although you specifically do not want to hear about the blue tac, it’s still a bad idea. Blue tac will not set, even with a superglue layer it stay very soft and easily damages. Your argument about the model breaking is not sound, if you use GS or any other setting clay it will not break that easily. Also you can just look out with your models.

Now I don’t want to discourage you (well, actually I do) and you should just do what you want to, but I just don’t like it and I actually do like bleach….

Beork

I knew someone would go at the blu-tac, but to be honest the second reason is that I'm cheap. Anyway you should really understand that the whole point of this conversion is to be more OTT than anyone has ever been. It's an idea taken from an anime that has samurai spectres that kill monsters that wear masks and have holes in their chest, and their swords tranform into other things and they are magicians to boot, how are yo gonna tell me I ain't allowed to be OTT. And before that gets twisted he hasn't said I can't but he makes comments on the OTT factor when thats the point! I'm the inventor of duel-nun-chuck-chain-axes, I'm bloody well mad I tell you!!!

I knew someone would go at the blue-tac, but to be honest the second reason is that I'm cheap.
That is a far better argument than before, I can live with you being cheap (although buying GW mini's isn't exactly being cheap, but might make you save money on GS and such) I just don't like faulty arguments :)

Anyway you should really understand that the whole point of this conversion is to be more OTT than anyone has ever been. It's an idea taken from an anime that has samurai spectres that kill monsters that wear masks and have holes in their chest, and their swords tranform into other things and they are magicians to boot, how are yo gonna tell me I ain't allowed to be OTT. And before that gets twisted he hasn't said I can't
Indeed I didn’t, how good of you to notice, although now I fail to understand your reaction.

but he makes comments on the OTT factor when thats the point!
And where exactly did you inform us that the 'OTT factor’ is the goal of this conversion?

I'm the inventor of duel-nun-chuck-chain-axes, I'm bloody well mad I tell you!!!
I'd be mad when I'd invented something like that as well ;P

But to be honest, unless you are joking, I don't understand your reaction. You show something among your peers and expect reactions, criticism, comments. If you do not like to get comments that do not suit you, you'd better keep everything to yourself or post them on your own forum where you can delete responses you don't like.

Now, having just been informed that over the top was the general idea;

- I'd fix the chest plate (even plaster is better than blue-tac btw, and dirt cheap at that) so it looks more like it

- Or maybe reverse the dragon head so the top of the head is the front of the torso (instant decorative armour) it's a bit large though...

- Add dragon wings as they will blend better with the model

- Add legs, maybe enlarge them for the larger than life experience

- Add a backpack, although the dragon head is large enought to be it, maybe some vents then.

- Fix the shield, the enlarged part is a bit off centre

- Add seals

- Post new pictures

- Add clearly you want to make an up the hill, across the mountain, into the heavens, past alpha centauri, super over the hill miniature (just to clear things up a bit)

Beork

Ok I understand people would prefer dragon wings but to tell yous this: they are too large nor do they fit his theme. The wings will make him look like some evil daemon from a bad action film while the wings fit his size better and seem more angelic. Another note on the blu-tac is that not only am I cheap i simply can't be assed buying something made for one purpose. Blu-tac can at least be used for something I do while green stuff and plaster are just a one trick pony and if there is anything else they can do I don't do it, I rarely give any model this much attention.

So now I got the wings and blu-tac out the way i can move onto other things: I'll post more pics after i see about wings and legs for him tonight at a GW. I really do like how he's coming out so far. The reason why I don't flip the dragon head are as follows: It's stuck on by plastic glue, The wings are getting located into the side holes on the dragons head and finally the tail is also stuck in and will be a pain to get into place without looking completely daft (like dragon eating him daft).

Like I said: Dragon wings will completely destroy any loyalist look remaining not to mention just be too unwieldy for such a model (I've see their size and they don't fit) so just stop saying 'dragon wings'. Anyway I'll see about the shield being centered best I can, besides I broke the bloody thing while making the shield edges meet up better. Anyway, moving onwards, forwards and never backwards

Who says greenstuff only has one use? In my first year at uni i got into a fight with the wall in my room, leaving quite a gash in the *insert cheap building material here* that the wall was constructed from. Instead of loosing my £200 deposit (they would have taken the lot) i used a bit of GS to fill the hole and painted over with a blend of bleached bone/skull white so that it matched the magnolia the walls were painted with!

I think the conversion work is fine and dandy so far, OTT is the goal and it is definately that. My only concern is that it doesn't/won't resemble a marine in the end.

dual-nun-chuck-chain-axes

I've heard of this legendary weapon. I prefer to missunderstand it though; It becomes a chain-axe that chucks dual-nuns at the enemy!

Al

Plaster is a one trick pony? SINCE WHEN!!!

Plaster can be used for a lot more than gap filing! Like covering your walls and other around-the-house jobs.

Or maybe the plaster in Scotland is different than the plaster around here...

In any case, Beork brings up quite a few very good points...

Argh, I'm getting assailed by people who are plasterers and wall-murderers :huh: . But on a serious note like I've previously said, I'm cheap and since I don't go about knocking holes in walls (thats my bros occupation!) nor do I think I can use plaster other than making a complete and utter mess of my room and model. Unfortunatly when I went to the GW I got into a battle rather quickly and some events that took place on tables prior to the battle were rather amusing (one had LotR, aragorn got nearly killed by five archers and even I know thats bad!). So I'm just gonna see the Web on some deals on wings i need and try and find some legs for him. Might just buy a box set of assault marines and make them with special weapons this time round making them switch abouts which may be best. To be honest I don't care if he doesn't resemble the emperors finest after this, after all most people who fight for the emperor tend to end up on the recieving end of the inquistors shield of meat.

So for now the project is on hold except for me touching up certain things (like the shield) and even considering the front torso piece. I have got some spare shoulder thingys (there like tabards for shoulders) from the tact squad box set i had got some time ago and seem tempting to add along with the mountian of purity seals I found along the tacts (come to think of it, purity seals were like diamonds some time ago and now they seem like some normal lead. ah well) and removing the wrinkles on the front torso along with the scales and just add markings and purity seals.

A note on the name: Kuroi Hebi (black serpant roughly translated) does sound cool but just needs to err towards dragon more. I'm making its command for going shikai 'breath fire' so something fiery, preferbly dark sounding and if possible dragon included in the name. (Note: I want the name to be japanese so I know I ain't gonna have a name soon!!!)

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update with a serious case of threadomancy (I'm guess ether gonna get the big pic or melta bombed for this, plus bolt pistol execution follow up): Name for the sword is not 'HebiKuroi' (since in japanese the subject of the matter is always first in the sentence) and the bankai is called 'hebiKuroi-Omoi' meaning Heavy black serpent (hell with it, serpents are cool). PLanning on seeing about the wings AFTER sorting out the legs (hell with it, even the internet can't spare any) and so I'm just gonna get some assault marines. And for all yous who challenge my use of blu-tac, look at my chapter masters right foot (if you can see it) and tell me even at that range if you can see any modification to it, that was done with blu-tac (along with the left arm forearm). Anyway I should have more pics for all yous to look at and then do a facepalm saying: 'dear god, what has he done!'

Check my sig, woo-hoo, good character from FF and its true what it says! (if this wasn't proof enough :D )

Name for the sword is not 'HebiKuroi' (since in japanese the subject of the matter is always first in the sentence) and the bankai is called 'hebiKuroi-Omoi' meaning Heavy black serpent (hell with it, serpents are cool).

Not that I'm trying to rag on your lingual skills, but that's not always the case.

I've had two intense (8 hours a day, 5 days a week +activities on weekends) semesters of Japanese so I may be able to help you in at least this department.

You're 100% spot on with that in the case of sentence structure as far as subject, verb, and direct object, but for adjectives they go with the subject in most cases. (unless you're saying that they are something, if you were to say that snake is black, then it'd be "Ano hebi wa kuroi desu" but for black snake it'd be Kuroihebi (Kurohebi might work too, i'm a bit rusty on whether or not you need the "i" for casual speech)

A perfect example you'd recognize is Kuchiki's bankai: Sode no Shirayuki, the Sleeve's white snow

Shirayuki is a compound of Shiroi (white) and Yuki (snow).

there might be other perfectly

If you decide to put the name in kanji, be careful because omoi can also mean thought, love, and a bunch of other things you probably don't want it to mean. Atsui (also hot, warm) or Buatsui (mostly just heavy) might work a little better for what you're intending.

don't worry about having a little mistake here in there, Japanese can feel a bit like English sometimes.

"i" before "e" except after "c"... and everything else

Edit: i read your posts a bit more thoroughly to look and see if i could find anywhere else I could help and I found some

garyou: reclining dragon, exceptional person hidden among the masses

hiryuu: flying dragon

koryuu: acended dragon/ rain dragon/ genius

ryou/ryuu: dragon (the serpent kind like from the china/japan area)

ryuujin: dragon king/god

ryuuou: dragon king

Ryuuza: japanese name for the draco constellation

seiryuu: blue/azure dragon (also one of the 4 gods along with suzaku the phoenix, byakko the tiger, and genbu the tortoise)

shugoryuu: guardian dragon

tatsu: dragon from the zodiac

orochi: evil 8 headed serpent from japanese mythology, namesake of a certain naruto villain

Edit: Even MOAR!

Tenchibanbutsu o Yakitsuku-shi-te! Burn everything in Heaven and Earth!

Zenbu o Yakitsuku-shi-te! Burn it all!

(side note: shi-te is being separated because the forum thinks i'm trying to say poo)

I hope I've been of some help

Archived