!DEATHWING!

Do you mean Belial Master of the DeathWing? Hes pretty good in a scrap, but hes nothing exceptional, a chaos lord in TDA with TLC is more than a match for him, and cheaper to I think.

But as Legatus said, the bane of any DW army is plasmaguns and powerweapons... try to avoid the fists, they are great, but you'll hit at the same time as DW, and they will hurt you... you want to kill as many off before they start swinging....

Ohh the other thing to remember is that they come in small squads, their max size is 5 man + characters.

right hit them hard and hit them from distance with plasma. i have a 10 man chosen squad with 6 meltas and 4 plasma guns. should i build more squads like this to take them on?

No, because this squad is not legal in the game rules.

Bingo, a max of 5 special weapons permitted in this squad, its DA vets that get unlimited (at an insane unit cost).

Min-max if you want overkill, take 5 man chosen squads with 5 plasmaguns, and 5 man havok squads with 4 plasmaguns.... 5 man chaos tacs with 2 plasmaguns.... you get the idea.... (p.s. for a total of 2250 points, you can get a legal army with 45 plasmaguns)

i have just re converted some of my minitures into 3 chosen squads of 2x 5 man melta both with the mark of tzeentch and one 5 man plasma also tzeentch and am just about to purchase a 5 man close combat terminator squad which i shall place the mark of granddaddy nurgle with the shooting terminators i already have my bezerkers plague marines and havocs karn abaddon a defiler landraider and some csm squads i am not to worried because a deathwing is a pricy force. and what i field has have the numbers and marks to back'em up. i pitty da fool.

Archived