From the Forge Worlds

13thWarrior

I am building my Space Wolf Company, one unit at a time. I have played at 2000 points but also want to build for versatility.

I have run Long Fangs for a Heavy Choice and Rhinos, a RazorBack, and a Land Raider Crusader (once) for tanks.

What are the strengths of the Leman Russ over other tradition SpaM vehicles?

What do you use to support the Leman Russ?

How did you paint / model / convert your Leman Russ?

Thanks

I bought the old box set back when they had them a long time ago.

I mainly covered it in wolf pelts, painted it my army colors with a few space wolf things here and there.

as for use.. Its good for just about any thing... I allways bring it when I play ORKS and BUGS. Seeing as it can kill whole squads by itself (3 heavy bolters, 1 auto cannon, and storm bolter, can't beat it) front armor 14, hide it in some cover and your good to go.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x120/DarkBjoern/Space%20Wolves/LemanRussExterminator.jpg

The Autocanon is made from the barrels of two preds, the heavy bolters from the SoB Immolator and the battle cannon from the Leman Russ. Sponsons are from a Pred and the tracks are from a Land Raider.

Since the 5th Ed is out i had not used him outside Apocalypse games.

But i would keep my money for now, there is a big chance it will be gone when the new dex comes out :P

Here's mine

http://members.home.nl/maxdammit/40k/Razor/Russ%20done.jpg

I ordered the Auto cannon and front gun when they still sold bitz.

I'll post mine up later. I rarely use it, and mostly have it for having it's sake. For the points, I much prefer Vindicators or Dreds. Though, when I dust off my small Armoured Company, its fun to have a touch of the Wolves in it.

Gotta love it, wall of metal ftw. I built mine using the forge world turret and used a spare heavy bolter from another Russ for the third one. My IG is Russ heavy as they are fluffed as from a world saved by the Wolves so i have plenty of spares.

Long Fang

FW Upgrade kit (GRYPHONNE IV version)

Ryza turret version (Not as gd imo)

to have an exterminator in your army can be a gamble ...

on paper you have 3 heavy bolters and an auto cannon, if u add a storm bolter, its an effective anti personel weapon ...

3 heavy bolters == 3x3 shots == 9

1 auto cannon == 1 x2 shots == 2

1 storm bolter == 1 x 2 shots == 2

to a max of 13 shots in total when within range ... and yes, its impressive ...

but in real life, your opponent will know its effectiveness as well ... if i were an opponent facing an exterminator, and i have many troops, i will try my best to finish that tank off ...

and if you are smart enuff, you could use the above to draw massive fire to it, then allowing the rest of your army to move without being shot at ...

for myself, i prefer taking 1 of these babies along with a dreadnought so at the opponent's turn, he will need to choose between the 13 shots tank, the powerful dreadnought or the rest of my army ... then again lets hope i dun meet a tau player ...

i use mine all the time, just park it on one side of a table and let it shoot, i usually support it with a vindicator on the opposite side of the table, forcing my opponent to pic between to 2 targets that can easily dominate a table quarter. i find it is a very useful tank and in most games that i field it i makes up its points in kills, also the higher front armor increases its survivability. i modled mine with the forgeworld turrethttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/karn888/0814081228.jpg

This thread got me thinking, what if you ensure you've got a land raider in your army? I mean this will be for 1750+ games, but that would take some of the heat off the Leman Russ I'd think...

I use mine quite a bit and its a permenent part of my tourney list. Its a little bit pricey but is my only heavy support. We get alot of 4+ saves down in miami so it tears through things quite nicely. I had one game where it vaped a broodlord and retinue.

Archived