Possessed Power Armour

Dark-Magos

Hi, I am starting a Dark Mechanicus themed Chaos Warband that features Daemonicaly possessed mechanical cyborgs - think Defiler's but on a smaller scheme. Now I already have the design thought out but I am stuck on what rules to use to represent them.

I'll be using the standard Chaos Marine Codex and I've narrowed down my choices to the following units -

1. Thousands Sons, slow and purposefull and inferno rounds would possessed nature of the armour with the unit champion's powers modeled as Mechanical upgrades

2. Plauge Marines, feel no pain and increases thoughness would highlight the mechanical nature of the armour better.

What do you guys think?

well to be honest, neither. I would take warptime i guess. They should be able to better calculate where the hits will land or something like that. And if you plan to use thousand sons: sorcerer with warptime allows you to re-roll to hit and to wound with his ap3 bolt pistol and lets use his force weapon with more accuracy.

Thanks for the quick relpy, which of the pysker powers do you think would best translate into a mechanical upgrade

I'd go with one of the shooting powers. Doombolt could easily be represented by a fancy Bolter/Heavy Bolter design and Wind of Chaos is basically a suped up version of a Flamer.

Or you could have the Sorcerer represented by a Enginseer unit, maybe with a Servo Harness.

Use a mixture, just be creative with the warp spawned weapons ^_^

Why not also use Berserkers to represent close combat skittarii like those described in Mechanicus. I'd also suggest using Noise Marines for some nice daemonic fire power.

Something I always wanted to was use something along the lines of the failed transfers from Quake 4 for summoned daemons.

Hope that helps.

Disciple

What do you guys think about using Fantasy Chaos warrior heads, this would highlight the fact that aren't normal chaos marines and the heads in question look similar to the head pices mounted on the Defiler

Something I always wanted to was use something along the lines of the failed transfers from Quake 4 for summoned daemons.

Hope that helps.

^ ???

Archived