Golden demon 2009

binary

Some of you may remember me posting a truescale heresy era model of everyone favourite psychopath Khârn a few months ago. It was built and painted as a commission piece for a friend who has quite a large heresy era army, but to my mind still isn't complete. I wanted to enter him in GDUK 09 so he still has a long way to go...

to jog your memories here's a pic showing where he's at now:

gallery_2806_2986_48368.jpg

Now building this got me thinking, and i really wanted to do a squad to accompany him...thankfully my friend was more than happy with the idea and gave me the go-ahead.

Bear in mind these only have the basic modelling and GS work done, there's still a long way to go with them.....much more detailing and rivets to go on! Just wanted some feedback at this early stage to make sure i'm going in the right direction.

right...enough rambling, here's the (very) early WIPs

Squad

gallery_2806_2986_226456.jpg

Sergeant

gallery_2806_2986_142846.jpg

Troopers

gallery_2806_2986_22433.jpg

gallery_2806_2986_262978.jpg

gallery_2806_2986_11346.jpg

Flamer dude (my personal favourite!)

gallery_2806_2986_138041.jpg

C&C please

-Binary

Thanks for the comments guys, feel free to steal any ideas you want lol!

they're all a fairly straight forward conversion, standard termie legs with the calf and thigh filled and smoothed with GS. The mk5 chest plates are assault marine bodies with a 2mm plasticard spacer to make them deeper, the eagle wings filed off, and plastic rod cabling added.

Arms are all termie arms, mostly thunder hammer and storm shield, the only major work was re postioning the sergeants powerfist arm, and building the left arm of the flamer (i used the chaos termie power mace arm and the fore arm from a storm shield arm)

They still need GS details and tons of rivets...they're armour's going to be a mix of mk 3, 4 and 5.

Just not sure what heads to give them....sergeant will have bare head (chaos termie lord) so will flamer dude (tac squad rebreather) but not sure about the other three.

Archived