Word Bearer fluffy question!

Rummy

Ok so I know a good bit about the very fluffy world of Chaos but the Word Bearer legion is something that is still unclear to me!

So the Word Bearers have stay unified even after they turned to Chaos but would it be ok for a small group of Word Bearers to change their armour colour or atleast most of it and still call themselfes Word Bearers?!

If not can you think of any way for a small group of WB's to detach themselfs from the legion and not be seen a traitors to the WB's (Traitors betraying traitors, lol)

Example. Only following the gods wishes or something?!?!

Thanks for any help you can offer!

hhmmm :) good question.

Well there are instances of groups of Word Bearers splitting off from the legion proper at the whims of their Dark Apostles such as the Sanctified in the codex the main body of the Word Bearers view their armour and their insignia as sacred.

All in all it depends on how you want to change it and why. Whats your idea?

Hope that helped at least a little and sorry if I came across badly.

Disciple

A small group of Word Bearers split off from their main host to chase down a 'wayward' brother, it was in the novel Pawns of Chaos (if I recall correctly).

If you go by that there's precedent for it.

You have to be careful however as the Word Bearers are still controlled from their daemon world by their conclave or what ever it is. They take great pains to keep the legion together and when anyone tries to leave that person is hunted down. Very similar to how the Dark Angles and the Fallen are is my view of how anyone splitting from the Word Bears would be. Sure you get more freedom but you will always be hunted.

You have to be careful however as the Word Bearers are still controlled from their daemon world by their conclave or what ever it is. They take great pains to keep the legion together and when anyone tries to leave that person is hunted down. Very similar to how the Dark Angles and the Fallen are is my view of how anyone splitting from the Word Bears would be. Sure you get more freedom but you will always be hunted.

It is however possible that a lone Host could get sent away on a special mission. :P Or that a particular Host could have a special color scheme due to tradition/a particular powerful vision. In case of the vision the most likely course of action would involve talking about it with Kor Phaeron, the Council of Apostles, maybe them talking with Lorgar about it afterwards, and then finally Lorgar giving his approval. Most likely the whole process would involve alot of fasting and spiritual meditation in order to further understand the vision.

Any heretics who break away from the Blessed Legion of Logar are not worthy to live!

All those who misspell the great Father's name shall be shunned and slayed as well. ;)

TDA

Any heretics who break away from the Blessed Legion of Logar are not worthy to live!

All those who misspell the great Father's name shall be shunned and slayed as well. :teehee:

Facepalm...

(Puts on penetance robes and hand scrubs the floors of The Basilica of Tourments.)

So even though the Sanctified split from the Word Bearers and have a different colour scheme are they hunted down be the WB?! I'm guessing not!

Well I had this idea ages ago. Was ment 2 bit a bit of background fluff but i ended up writeing a story about it all in the end..

Long story short=

A friend of mine plays WB's and I decided (With his permission) to create my own army which is a split from his Host.

The Leader of the split host informed the old master that the Gods had givin him visions and that he must leave the host. The visions showed him many things but he did not understand most of it. The only thing that he did gain from the visions was that he would some day become powerful and so on, so on.

His old leader (Who in recent months has become a bit crazed, well more than usual :)) is inraged by this as he wants the power for himself etc.

Big battle, new and tiny host bearly gets away and are now being hunted by their former master who is hunting them for his own reasons and not in the name of the WB's as a whole..

Now in no way did the new host plan the change in name and colour scheme but as dey wer being hunted by a WB host it just kinda happened (But they still love papa Lorgar and evrything WB :))

I know it's rough around the edges but I wrote it when I still knew very little about the Word Bearers (And I still don't know as much as I would like :()

And I love the whole idea so much that I really want 2 stick with it..

Any ideas?! And thank you for everything so far :P

Oh and I still havn't come up with a name for the guys. And the Paint scheme is mainly black but the head, hands, lower leg and certain small pieces are Dark Crimson like the WB.

Any1 high ranking has Dark Crimson robes or a tabard aswel.

It seems a sound enough premise to me. Just one thing though.

Hang on just let me get.....this....he...lmet.....on. Ah there now.

Never refer to the Glorious Prophet as Papa!

Ok now how do I get this thing oh never mind -sorry couldnt resist :)

As to your question have you read the novels Dark Apostle and Dark Disciple? Mr Reynolds adds some nice depth to the Word Bearers, little bits here and there. Worth a read if you havent allready.

You could have your commander being the First Acolyte and following a vision/prophecy. Also the Word Bearers paint their armour black when in mourning so a good explanation could be to use it to represent mourning for splitting from the main host. On the whole I like it, the Master being threatened by the apprentice and trying to remove said problem. Its a lot more personal than mine at least which gets people interested (shameless attempt to get people to look at my poor army background you know the Arbiter Cult one).

I'm looking forward to seeing how your story turns out. Do you have a name for your Leader yet?

Disciple

Thank you Disciple.

And note taken on the Papa thing :HQ:!

As for the two books, no I hav never read either of them. I would love to but have never seen them around and I rarely order stuff across the internet!!

And as for the Word Bearers painting their armour black when in mourning.. Well I think I might just use that, thanks again :P!

I read ur Arbiter Cult piece. I don't know enough about WB to giv any real crit. on it but I must say it was a good read!

And yes the leaders name is Cerunnos. His old leader's name was Malakai.

Well I have an intro/story half written already at home so if I ever get the chance to finish it off and get the new host modelled and painted I post it all up here for ya 2 read and such :mellow:

But dat will take forever as I try 2 make every model very unique in it's own way with lots of conversions and such.. I bought lots of Black Templar accessories to use in the conversions as I love all the robes/tabards and chains. I just gotta make sure they still look like bad ass heretics after I'm done

Glad you liked it Rummy and happy to be of help.

I like the name for your Apostle/First Acolyte and it sounds like you have the feel of the Legion.

I'm looking forward to seeing your Host come together.

Keep us posted!

Disciple

Archived