Making my own Space Wolf Great Company

Brother Gabe

After a while of thinking i decided I wanted to make my own GC, so now im busy taking of the decals of the ones i have already painted. But then as i was looking into the back of the SW codex i read this:

(Talking about Logan Grimnar)

"He is in command of the Wolf Priests, Rune Priests, Iron Priests, Venerable Dreadnoughts,Thralls, the Fang and the fleet."

I also read that he was in charge of the scouts

Does this meen that i would be unable to field V Dreads, RunePriests, Wolf Scouts and Iron Priests in my GC?

It means that the Great Wolf would assign Priests to the Great Companies as needed, same with Dreadnoughts....Scouts would/could be assigned to a Great Company but I personally think that they would rather be more like assigned to the area/campaign in support of the fighting and would help whatever GCs are there.

Rune Priests, Wolf Priests, Venerable Dreadnaughts, Iron Priests and Wolf Scouts are all part of the Great Wolf's Great Company and assigned to others as needed by the Great Wolf. You can include them in your Great Company and mark them however you wish, the great thing about the fluidity of the Space Wolves structure. The only difference seems to be Wolf Scouts who pretty much do whatever they wish when not given direct orders from the Great Wolf...

ok, thanks, thats what i thought. Always pays to make sure though.

But besides that does any have any advice on making banners for my company, i was thinking about soaking some tissue paper in PVA glue but i dont really know what to put on it, and if it is possible just to get a template of some banners online becuase my freehand is not very impressive.

Honestly, if you want just find a profile of a wolf symbol you are fond of, and print it out. Make sure you size it correctly to fit on a banner, but that works really well.

If you want a more dynamic banner, I'd say try and find a picture and sketch it. My freehand is also terrible, but when I have something in front of me, a picture to copy, I tend to do better with a little patience, because then its more about getting the sizes correct.

Archived