Apothecary?

yes the EC have a lot . the WB didnt break up , so theirs should be ok too . the AL works inside the imperium space and uses unortodox implantation for creation of semi-aspirants as sleeper agents . the only thing we know about WE apothecaries is that most of them went crazy just like most WE officers + WE had the biggest loses post heresy and legion wars . the BL had huge loses too , but considering that abadon is their leader they still probablly have a lot . the IW discovered a new way of reproducing sm [well at least they knew that in the 4th ed where storm of iron was canon], without the cloning process that was used before and after heresy . I dont know nothing about NL apothecaris , save that their are expert torture masters . DG doesnt use apothecaries anymore , at least not in their former form . They are like mortal plague bearers , they keep track of different plagues etc. 1ksons apothecaries are no more .

Reading the WB novels and they seem to have surgeons and such but not Astartes Apothecaries that they mention, these are more like the Heamonoculi from Dark Eldar in the way they dress and act, torturing and "fixing" slaves just enough for them to work or be killed somewhere else.

but is he sane? lol what would happon to the poor world eater if he went into a blood threnzy while extracting a bullet.? not exactly the guy you want looking after your wounded.

and if i remember correctly if a world eater get incapacitated during battle the last thing he does is chop his own head off,

so not much point in a apothecary then is there, unless he can put the head back on

Apothicaries are in high demand by the Legions. Fabius has the monopoly on cloning but there are others. The World Eaters have their Berserker Surgeons who perfected the lobotomies that create Berserkers and there are a few of these in the employ of Abaddon. Thanks to the new background the Berserkers (except Khârn) are just viceous and fearless. Not complete frothing lunatics who cant tell friend from foe (like Khârn).

the jeske hit the nail pretty much on the head with the others.

The Night Lords are torturers but theres a lack of information which gives scope to work with. Likewise for the others.

I'd have to disagree about the Word Bearers though as I had the impression that they just wouldnt lower themselves to working on the impure masses. I just assumed that they were on Siccaruis and Ghalmekh working on the holy sons of Lorgar.

I know favoritism or what :(

Keep us posted on what you decide though.

Disciple

The World Eaters have their Berserker Surgeons who perfected the lobotomies that create Berserkers and there are a few of these in the employ of Abaddon.

where was this printed , not that I disbelive it , I just would like to know ? because at least till the 4th ed , the WE were shown as a legion on the brink of extinction without any officers,led by uncontrlable maniacs .

Earliest mention I can remember is from the Index Astartes article about the World Eaters. It mentioned that Angron landed on a world where gladiatorial combat was glorified and he was taken as a slave. The surgeons on the world then implanted something along the lines of Neural implants in Angron to heighten his aggression. When he was later found by the Emperor, he had the apothecaries study the implants in him, reverse engineer the technology and implant it in the World Eaters. In the following years the apothecaries perfected the technology.

Thats the abridged version from what I can remember, I unfortunately don't have the issue of White Dwarf with me here.

You nailed it Anarnaxe, the rest is taken from the current Codex. The story about Khârn which has some Bersekers taking cover and planning their assault on an artillery position. While the Black Legion part is from the Berserker description if I remember. Sorry I'm offshore right now so dont have access to the books to check.

Disciple

but is he sane?

As it pertains to Fabrikus, absolutely not. Not in the traditional sense, anyway. But he certainly is functional, enough at least to harvest the progenoid glands and implant them into new recruits and create new Worldeater marines. But he most definately is a sadist, working without painkillers and the like. It makes the work more "interesting" and "fulfilling".

Archived