Gamma Squad – 10 Chaos Space Marines

Chaos Rhino

Squad Malarax – 8 Khorne Berzerkers

Chaos Rhino

Armour Terror Squad – 10 Chaos Havocs

Chaos Rhino

Magos Astartes – 2 Obliterators

Rage of Steel – Chaos Land Raider

Game is Capture and controll & Pitched battle. Havocs are armed with Las canons.

I'm not sure if i should go after the Rhinos first or maybe bombard those havocs at the first chance i get. (i could use Callidus on havocs and move them as far away and behind something as i can.)

Rast Adamant – Chaos Lord

Thank the Emperor, not a Daemon Prince in sight!

Lord is easy to kill, my guess is you're opponent will run him with Termie armour and Daemon Weapon and attach him to the Terminators.

To counter, use your Grandmaster to force-weapon his face off. Unlike the GM (who is hidden inside his GKT retinue) you can 'snipe' the Chaos Lord out of his retinue (ie focus all of the attacks from the GM onto him).

Brotherhood of Iron – 4 Chaos Terminators

-Champion Drexx

Do you know their wargear loadout? It's quite critical to how you counter them.

In general, I would use a fire support Lord (psycannon, 2 x HB servitors, plasma cannon servitor, 2 x Sages, 2 x Mystics) and annhilate them as they land with a twin-linked plasma cannon to the face. Once you've softened them up with that, counter-assault with your Grandmaster+retinue in your turn.

Alpha Squad – 10 Chaos Space Marines

Beta Squad – 10 Chaos Space Marines

Gamma Squad – 10 Chaos Space Marines

Chaos Rhino

Squad Malarax – 8 Khorne Berzerkers

Chaos Rhino

It's important to know what wargear they have; however, I would recommend destroying the Rhinos with Hellfire Dreads, so he has to walk to you. 38 x MeQ's is a lot to chew through, I would recommend getting a 2nd GKT unit (in addition to your GM+retinue squad) so you can quickly annhilate his units in close-combat.

With the Beserkers, try to catch them in the open (maybe feed them an IST squad) and use the fire support Lord to whittle them down (plasma cannon works great against units all clustered up from close-combat).

Armour Terror Squad – 10 Chaos Havocs

Chaos Rhino

The Havoks are probably going to be set up in hard-cover, so I would use a Callidus to move them out and flamer them. I wouldn't charge them (unless they're in the open), because she doesn't have frags (and even Havoks have bolt pistol+ccw, so they easily have enough attacks to rip her to shreds).

If you do have an Orbital Strike, I would take the melta-torpedo. It still annihilates his infantry in the open, can break their 4+ cover saves in terrain with sheer wounds caused, and if it scatters onto his vehicles it has a chance of destroying them.

Magos Astartes – 2 Obliterators

Rage of Steel – Chaos Land Raider

Obliterators require the same treatment as the Terminators; nice doses of plasma cannon to the face. They'll also die to counter-assaults by your GKT's, although you probably need a Crusader to get you there safely (Obliterators will morph twin-plasma guns and badly maul you otherwise).

Chaos Landraiders simply aren't as good as yours. I would send a suicide IST melta rush unit in a Rhino after that. Hopefully the Callidus is keeping the Havoks too busy for them to target it.

If not that, use the multi-melta on a Crusader to blow it up when you reach his lines.

Ah, my bad.....I took a quick look in the other thread (Necron one) and assumed DH's.

Canoness

Canoness

I take it they will be Flying Nuns O'Doom? Send one unit after Lord+Termies, the other to hunt down the Obliterators.

Troop 1. (10) (Rhino)

Troop 2. (10) (Rhino)

Troop 3. (20)

For the two mechanised squads, VSS with Book+Brazier, meltagun, heavy flamer.

For the foot-slogging chicks, VSS with Book+Brazier, dual meltaguns. You'll have a metric tonne of rapid-firing bolter to unload on your enemies; what can often happen with giant units (I've playtested boosted 20-man CSM squads, this does happen) is that the squad anti-tank gun is out of range (due to positioning). This can allow Dreadnoughts etc to get close without ever risking a good melta to the face. With two models in the squad, you can cover the whole spread of the unit.

Seraphim 1. (8)

Seraphim 2. (8)

Good stuff. Should be VSS with eviscerator+Book, dual twin-linked hand-flamers yeah? Use them to deliver the Canonesses safely across the table, then detach to hunt different things.

Exorcist

Exorcist

Exorcist

Tasty.

Inquisitor

Callidus assasin

Something you could do is bring in a DH Inquisitor with 2 x Mystics and Rhino, then attach the WH Inquisitor to his unit (you'd probably need to drop that huge unit of SoB and make a 3rd mechanised squad, to save enough points). That way, you have mobile anti-DS coverage. Stick them with the Exorcists, and cover the advance of the SoB.

Callidus should go after the Havoks; preferably drag them out of cover so she has a chance to assault them without being nerfed down to I1 by terrain. Even if she dies horribly to rapid-fire/bolt pistol+assault, her neural flamer is still a great tool for wounding the whole lot and potentially 'sniping' out the lascannons (their only defence is their Ld10, which means that while she auto-hits and they get no saves, she only wounds on a 5+).

Ah ok then :( hmmm....

Use the Seraphim and Exorcists to disable his vehicles (might wanna kill that Landraider ASAP). Once he's stranded as a foot-slogging unit, use the Rhino's to Tank Shock his infantry, then hop out to rapid-fire+flamer them to death.

You could use your big 20-strong unit to tarpit his Termies+Lord, so your Canonesses and Seraphim can choose when to engage.

Ah ok then ;) hmmm....

Use the Seraphim and Exorcists to disable his vehicles (might wanna kill that Landraider ASAP). Once he's stranded as a foot-slogging unit, use the Rhino's to Tank Shock his infantry, then hop out to rapid-fire+flamer them to death.

You could use your big 20-strong unit to tarpit his Termies+Lord, so your Canonesses and Seraphim can choose when to engage.

I'm not going to use Exorcists to shoot a Land Raider if there is other targets around. Seraphims are another thing, but they aren't going to get there in first turn unless opponent is incredibly stupid. I think that i will use Exorchists to kill those Obliterators first and then shoot Rhinos or Havocs. As for tarpit, it is not going to hapen unless he charges that unit and i suspect that he won't do anything that recless, but he will most likely stay bit defensive and try to make me come after him and then charge Seraphims. Havocs are a problem, there is no fast way to take them out and 4 lascanons are likely to take out a Exorchist per turn (though he might be just so stupid and shoot something else with them).

For the Havocs, if you're rthat worried about them then they might actually be your best choice of a target for the Exorcists after destroying the oblits. The result would be a bit random... 3-18 shots, 2/3rds of which hit... so I'd say on average 7-8 kills, going as high as wiping the squad out entirelly or doing absolutely nothing, dependant on luck.

For the Havocs, if you're rthat worried about them then they might actually be your best choice of a target for the Exorcists after destroying the oblits. The result would be a bit random... 3-18 shots, 2/3rds of which hit... so I'd say on average 7-8 kills, going as high as wiping the squad out entirelly or doing absolutely nothing, dependant on luck.

Those Havocs are going to get 4+ cover almost certainly unless i manage to move them to open with Callidus. And that would require that i go first in deployment and that will mean that i may not have range to shoot all EXO:s at them. Obliterators may also survive the first Exorchist. Hopefully i manage to soften those Havocs up so that Callidus won't be killed before she manages to hit them in CC.

I just realised what my opponent is going to do. As i understand Chaos icons work as homing beacons. So, i suspect that he may try to drop those Obliterators just next to some Rhino squad and then get a free shooting pass without giving any chance for my Exorchists to shoot at them.

Thats why you need Mystics to screw up his game plan. Pity you can't change your list....

With what you do have, I reckon just annhilate his mobility (ie the Rhinos) and force him to walk to you. That way, his Icons are at least slower to get into an effective position.

OK, now that thing is over. Result: Draw. I lost in points and lots of them.

Basicaly things went like this: He won the initiative and deployed first. I deployed after him and pretty much stuffed everything behind this big building to keep him from shooting with those Lascanons. Callidus moved Havocs 6" back, but that didn't amount much as i managed to seize initiative.

After this i shot his Rhino to pieces in first turn and other ones were in bad positions, so he was forced to defensive. He didn't have much to use for capturing my objective after i shot up his other Rhinos and his Land Raiding Terminator squad lost CC after charging Seraphims. Unfortunately his Khorne Beserkers didn't fail as badly as they and other squads managed to soften up my other Seraphim squad that had been left flat footed affter their failed charge against LR. At the end i didn't have enough force to capture his objective and i just ended up feeding meat grinder. Callidus managed to kill almost single handedly one 10 person Chaos marine squad, but was destroyed at the end like everyone else. Exorchists didn't do much, they got obliterators and 3 Rhinos, that is about all (maybe 5 other marines, but even that may be too much). Rhino squads both got out just one salvo each. other failed DG roll and other had 50% losses at that point. Seraphims got that HQ terminator unit and 70% of one troop squad but was killed afterwards.

At the end i had all Exorchists, 20 sister squad and a inquisitor.

Archived