Sisters

bobte11th5

Hey, just hoping you can help me, i often play a guy who does sisters in a 1000 points 3 way game, there is a chaos guy, but i can beat him so not so much of an issue, apart from the nasty demonprince, but thats a different matter.

this guy has raely lost, if ever with his siters, so i really need some help. He plays with an immolator, exorcist, 2 or 3 squads of 1 sisters, cant remember which, and a cannoness with blessed weapon, plasma pistol and the cloak which allows her to ignore 1st instant kill, with a retinue of celestine. he kicks out a load of faith points with this, and so far bot my eldar and crimson fists ave failed to kill it. Ay way to defeat this army, especially without tanks, which is the biggy, although i can get my hands on a dred?

Thanks for any help

Firstly don't play 3 way games. They really aren't fair, it only takes 2 players to forge an alliance and then you're fighting double your points.

But in general the way to beat sisters is to get them in close combat. In a firefight they are as good if not better than marines, in combat their low WS,S, and T really do tell. If he's got an exorcist then well tanks aren't going to do you much good anyway. The immolator is a glorified razorback and has to get close to do any damage, so can be easily harmed with krak grenades. If you have to have a shooting war with the sisters then try to cause as many wounds as possible with them. Maybe consider some sternguard with their anti-meq rounds that will wound on 3s due to the low toughness of the sister.

Random Guy

Sisters are at their weakest when below 1500pts, and tend to get tougher the more points you add in. At 1000pts, your opponent will have a hard choice as to which units to field, faithful or un-faithful. The more faith points he has the tougher your fight will be.

Force he to spend faith points by attacking as many different units as you can. Don't worry about killing off his units until they are to low in number to stand up to a concentrated attack. Sister are able to tar-pit in CC, slaughter almost anything within rapid fire range, and drop multiple flamer templates, any wound of which has at 1/6 chance of being AP1. Either out range them, or spread your damage out. When their units are smaller in size, they can have 3+ invulerable saves nearly at will, which again takes faith points. Force them to roll a lot of saves, constantly. Each one wound that gets threw will reduce his ability to hurt you; however, it increases his ability to tar-pit you.

All but one of their vehicles is at AV11, and their only dedicated anti-tank vehicle is at AV13. Pop all the Rhinos and Immolator when you can, force on 1 Exorcist at a time. They have a S8, AP1, Heavy d6 attack which is ignorable if he only have one, yet is devistating if he has 2 or 3. Focus your fire on one at a time. He will either put it in cover or keep it behind blocking while moving every turn.

Arco-flags, Repentia, and Penitent Engines are funtionally useless to him, so if he takes those, have fun winning. Assassins are less useful in 5e, just bog them down in CC, they will drop before you do. Inquisitors are a CC target or ignored.

In a 3 way, let the other two chew each other up while you snipe both or hold your grown. Its cowardly, yet a winning tactic.

SJ

Archived