New Models?

freit101

I'm sure all of you would know better than I would.

I just recently decided to start collecting 40K space wolves but I noticed that the models that are availible are relatively older. When I asked a local games workshop employee about the availibility of some of the products he told me that I would need to direct order them from the website, stating that they were working on a new model line for the wolves.

So I was just considering waiting it out until the new figures come out but I have no idea how long that would be. Anyone have any current information about this or was he just making stuff up?

i guess the gw guy might be telling the truth ...

judging by past GW codex release experience, chances of them release some models to go with the new codex is very high ...

so lets keep our fingers crossed for some new wolves to incorporate into our battles :P

Sounds very cool, I don't know if I feel like waiting until the 3rd or 4th quarter of the year to start collecting them. On the other hand it just doesn't seem that smart to use a codex that I may only end up using for a few months.

Dilemma...

Thanks for the responses everyone. ;)

Well, I shouldn't worry about the Dex, as it's free from GW Canada, just email them and print (although I was told at the GW UK Schools League that PDF'd and printed Dexes weren't allowed - he didn't answer when I asked what to do if that's the only one left :) Fortunately I'm taking Daemons)

As for models, don't WYSIWIG them with anything that will obviously be removed in 5th Ed - the 4x Assault Cannon Pod of Doom being a good example. Vehicles are pretty safe with the exception of the LRE. You can easily bash together a few Grey Hunters and Blood Claws, they'll be perfectly usuable still and a fairly basic Wolf Lord should round you out nicely.

Sounds very cool, I don't know if I feel like waiting until the 3rd or 4th quarter of the year to start collecting them. On the other hand it just doesn't seem that smart to use a codex that I may only end up using for a few months.

Dilemma...

Thanks for the responses everyone. :)

I love the 3th ED dex for its fluff, as do i love my 2nd ED dex for its fluff, so its never waisted.

Dilemma...

Thanks for the responses everyone. :D

I love the 3th ED dex for its fluff, as do i love my 2nd ED dex for its fluff, so its never waisted.

Thats a great point... So I went and got a 3rd ED codex.

Last thursday, I discuss with the Nice(France) GW manager. He's a SW and he had some infos about new models.

He said that with the new translation of the 2nd SW novel in french there would be some new figs like a fenrissian wolf, like the one Ragnar killed.

Imagine wolves as big as a SM in your army !!!

FENRIS HOLDJA

Archived