My Captain

Lysimachus

hi all, been putting together my commander for my new army, Captain Erastus of the Emperor's Blade 4th Company, going for a religoius/knightly feel to them, using DA and BT sprues, Captain's armed with PP/PW

few pics, C+C very welcome!

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/simoncherylm/Cap1.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/simoncherylm/Cap2.jpg

tried to make him bit bigger than standard marine with spacers under feet and at waist, big base, not much but think it makes a difference to his look?

this pic below shows his extra big purity seal, really there to protect him from 'Gets Hot' rolls on the Plasma Pistol! :lol:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/simoncherylm/Cap3.jpg

used the cloak from commander but wanted to give him a more static pose so cut it off, refixed to another back, bent and GS'ed it, think it ok but would like 2nd opinions?

can just about see also given him Melta Bombs, but using the orb thing from BT sprue to represent a ornate version. 1st time i saw it thought it looked like the Holy Hand Grenade ("...and thou shall count unto three..." fans of Monty Python's Holy Grail will get this! ;) )

and quick one of Chapter badge:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/simoncherylm/Cap4.jpg

arms, head + pack are all just tacked on, will paint before gluing

any thoughts, suggestions are very welcome

thanks for looking/commenting!

cheers

Lysimachus

very nice conversion, i like the use of the wings on the top of the backpack. The backpack looks a bit distant from his back in the purity seal picture, i'm hoping this is just because of the blu-tac. If not i would shave a mm or so off the back to let it fit more snuggly.

Al

theres a reason it looks like the holy hand grenade.....

it is the holy hand grenade.. it has rules and everything. <_<

the greenstuffing on the cloak needs cleaning up quite a fair bit and id suggest angling his head forwards a bit more when you glue it in place.. generally looks a bit more menacing/epic.

@ Al: yeah, i think it is the blue tac but i'm gonna have another look at it before i glue it on, cheers!

@ lorenzen: that's too cool, where are the rules, C:BT? (i don't have that one!) yep, smoothing out the cloak is the next job and you're right about the pose, when it's stuck the head and the pistol arm will be slightly lower

thanks for comments guys!

Lysimachus

cheers Luther, thats what i was going for! You can see the painted squads for the army so far in the link in the 1st post, and also, if you're into your fluff, the IA for them is in the Librarium

Lysimachus

edit: sorry, lorenzen, didn't see that post. cool, that alone half makes me want to use BT rules! still, they a codex chapter really so i guess it'll have to stay a 'pretty' Melta Bomb!

Awesome pose. I'm not sure if I like the wings or dislike the wings on the backpack. In some pictures it looks pretty awesome, but in others it fails to hit the mark haha. It's probably just me, I say keep it. I absolutely love the idea of the extra long purity seal "protecting" him from gets-hot rolls. Hope to see him painted up soon.

@ anex88: yeah, know what you mean about the wings, side view pics, right? think it may be like Al said further up, that the backpack is sticking out a bit at the mo, should be better once it's glued. cheers!

@DD: it's not too hard, just get 2 thin (couple of mm) strips of thick foil (from a toothpaste/food/medicine tube or something) about 1 1/2 to 2 inches long, glue 1st one to back of hand then wind it around the arm a couple of times (few spots of glue as you go to hold it on) then do the 2nd one the same way, start from the same place and wind it round, trying to cover any spaces in the 1st one. the seals are just normal purity seals with the plastic streamers cut off (i used one of the BT little shield ones for a bit of variety) Hope that helps! :lol:

Painting wise, it may be a little while before i get round to him, got a devvie squad on the go atm (will post them in my HoH thread as soon as they done), and a 2nd full tac squad stuck and sprayed and waiting for paint! having said that, if i get bored with rank and file, i may treat myself to doing the Captain sooner :)

thanks again for comments guys!

Lysimachus

Archived