Bolter and Chainsword Marine

Sinfjotle

I was always intrigued with the idea of a Bolter and Chainsword themed chapter. So in the the spirit of said intrigue I decided to make a little doodle. The apparent motif of the picture has a very tribal sense to it, I thought this would be appropriate considering the logo of the B&C is a hastily marked skull. Note that the forum sizes the pic differently than I would have wanted, click on it to see it in full detail.

gallery_32006_3156_117579.jpeg

Also this is my first post, so please be gentle :P .

Sinfjotle

That is a wonderful drawing you have produced, even if the head is a bit too gaunt for my liking. I love the shade of red and the plating around to torso, might have to try mimicing that on a model.

Just to fill you in, there is a marine chapter known as the Legio around these parts and is the B&C's own chapter. Here is a link to the forum with all the info you might find on these special marines.

Al

First off, superb work. You have a lot of talent (and I would guess a sizable amount of training).

At first I thought the facial tattoo was a wound. It reminded me of the mini-persona I did for the B&C marines B)

I can't wait to see more work from you.

Better days,

Thanks everyone for the comments and critisism. I am actually surprised at how well this was recieved.

That is a wonderful drawing you have produced, even if the head is a bit too gaunt for my liking.

I always thought that marines would be incredibly gaunt/lean physically for a number of reasons.

1. I have never (with the exeption of most Space Wolf novels) heard of marines eating a ton. I know they have a stomach implant that allows them to digest almost anything... so I suppose i could be wrong.

2. Due to the immense growth and muscle spurt all marines recieve during their training, I always imagined most marines having a bit of a streached ".05% bodyfat" sort of look.

3. Marines are constantly in either:

a. Combat situations

b. Physical Training and/or some kind of combat drill.

I always thought this kind of constant movement and physical training would have jacked their metabolism, thereby gifting most marines with a very lean (in some cases gaunt) look to their incredibly powerful build.

(These are of course my thoughts... I really do appreciate the input)

might have to try mimicing that on a model.

If you do end up doing that please pm me a pic of that beast!

Just to fill you in, there is a marine chapter known as the Legio around these parts and is the B&C's own chapter. Here is a link to the forum with all the info you might find on these special marines.

Thanks for the info, i actually had no idea! I checked out some of the models and conversions other people did for them, and I think i may have a new source of inspiration! ;)

Sinfjotle

it has a very strong before war feeling to it IMO, but i love it, it captures a dark marine, 10/10 from me, and the helmet, well the helmet is very ornate and beautiful, any marine would take pride in wearing it

I was always intrigued with the idea of a Bolter and Chainsword themed chapter. So in the the spirit of said intrigue I decided to make a little doodle. The apparent motif of the picture has a very tribal sense to it, I thought this would be appropriate considering the logo of the B&C is a hastily marked skull. Note that the forum sizes the pic differently than I would have wanted, click on it to see it in full detail.

gallery_32006_3156_117579.jpeg

Also this is my first post, so please be gentle ^_^ .

Sinfjotle

If thats just a "little doodle" I would love to see more of your work. Simply stunning!

It's as if he's walking around the battlefield, trying to comprehend the horrors that were unleashed during the brutal melee of close combat.

Very nice work! I do have to agree he does look very rogue trader, but without the deminitive smaller stature. I like his gauntness, and am a big believer in the diversity of armies, even marines, among the galaxy. Think of the particular mutations of the blood angels, the space wolves, some of the traitor legions, etc. It's not as characteristic as the cdoex marines, but I think he still lookslike a marine of the blood. Show us more work!

Archived