Beginning of Salamander Army

I am Legion

If you've been folowing my WIP thread, I thank you. This model is complete for now. The only thing left to do is learn to consistantly paint the salamander logo. Well Tell me what you think!

By the way Nex means: violent death, slaughter, death

gallery_32371_3125_9355.jpggallery_32371_3125_116894.jpggallery_32371_3125_166250.jpggallery_32371_3125_15146.jpggallery_32371_3125_65837.jpggallery_32371_3125_26632.jpggallery_32371_3125_36593.jpg

With logo - not permanent:

gallery_32371_3125_232886.jpg

Not bad, I like the "scales" on the powerfist and tabard. My only bother is the banner flames and the scales on the Bolter. The flames look good, but just a tad stringy looking for flames. Perhaps bulking them up a bit would be cool. And as for the Bolter, it just doesn't look as natural as it does on the tabard and 'fist. So, maybe just black instead of scales would look better. But other than those two little bits, you're off to a great start!

Excellent use of source lighting on the base, it looks nice and natural. I agree with Mega Marine about the bolter it just doesnt have the same effect likewise the blue on the flamer just doesnt feel right. The styalised flames however, I like.

Personal taste I guess :huh:

On the whole you've got a very nice mini there and I really cant wait to see an army painted to this standard.

Good luck!

Disciple

Thanks guys. So what I'm hearing is that the bolter needs a bit more work. My friend suggested keeping the bolter colours similar. But I did look in the codex last night, and it turns out the flamer head is bronze. So I'll redo that. As far as the scales on the gun go, I'll try to fix them up a little.

The combi-flamer is Marius Perdo's Sternguard combi-flamer only I kept the sickle clip.

A full army will be painted some day. I'll start a thread in the WIP to show my army growing slowly.

I love the bolter!

The scales/rock details aren't exactly all that, but what I did notice is that they give off an awesome camo kind of look without actual camo.

Also although the blue looks good on the small details on the bolter itself I would get rid of them on the flamer nozzle.

i do agree about beefing up the flames :D

looks freaking awesome IMO

It's you and me against the world Stormdragon!

I thought about it and I agree, i will paint the same picture on the back of the banner. That was a good idea. But I'll do that once I am ready to paint the rest of the marines. I'm realy trying to go for a moderatly customised army. So I'll be painting very slowly.

You know I'm surprised nobody asked me how I made the rock. But I'll tell you since it was a great tool. I went to my local hardware store and picked up something called massilik or mastik. It's in the plumbing section, and it's used to plug up holes (even underwater). Itworks like green stuff when you mix the roll together, but it hardens within a couple minutes (even underwater), so you only have a short time to get it right and apply it. It's a fairly strong adhesive while it's drying. I used this then let it dry for 5 min, plopped a bit og greenstuff with some superglue, and now the model is stuck there real good.

The model looks amazing i love how you did the lighting from the lava and the scale design. there just two thing that i want to know. 1: is the power fist from the Sw sprue and how did you make that combi-melta.

@chapniK - The powerfist is indeed from the SW sprue, with the wolf logo scraped off. It's tough to find anything besides those stupid pointing PFs these days. I mean, who uses command squads in 1500 point games? I only have the commander one left which I'll have to use for the next squad and after that I'll probably get the command squad. And it's a combi-flamer, but I'm sure that's what you meant. I used this guys tutorial [Marius Perdo's Sternguard combi-flamer](you can find the link in my earlier post) as it's a very easy and practical way of making one. If I had Pyriel's skillz in greenstuffing, I would probably make my own like he did.

;) yes combi-flamer that what i meant......... ya.

The SW power fist is one of the most useful and good looking out there. Isnt there one on the dark angel sprue. If there is that one is also very handy.

Archived