Best boxed set for extra wolfy bits.

freit101

I've recently been starting to collect the wolves and I was thinking of converting a AoBR dreadnought and some bikes my pops had lying around for years. Mind you converting in my sense is not really much just adding a bit here and maybe hacking something off somewhere else as I'm still new to the hobby.

My question is which current boxed set of models will get the most extra wolfy bits for my other models? I tried the search on this and didn't really come up with much, probably just going about it incorrectly but my forum skills aren't very good.

Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Some people are fond of the fantasy dwarf and chaos mauraders lines.... they have some vikingesque bits to them that you might find fun. You can also get some half-decent wolves from the fantasy orc and goblin line.

If you dont want to invest in an entire box, just ask around.... most of those sets come with alot of extras and many players can be persuaded to trade bitz, or sell/give them away. It never hurts to ask right?

If you can find a SW battleforce around (I bought the last ones at both my local stores) they come with 1 GH and 1 BC box sets but the battleforce also comes with one more wolfy GH/BC sprue on top of these. As stated before the Chaos Marauders fantasy box has some good conversion bits.

I picked up the Chaos Maurader (sp?) Cavalry box set just for the heads.

You can get the heads on Warstore for twelve bucks, but for ten more, you can get a buttload of axes, shields, spears and a great looking banner...

Well worth the $22 and you can trade the other parts for more wolfy stuff from other players.

I was curious as to how many "usable" heads are in the Chaos Maurader Horsemen box? Do you guys use the heads with helmets, or just the bare heads?

I just found a great deal on the box today! $19.79!!!

The box contains 8 heads with medievil helms and 8 helm less!

I split the box with a friend (he took all the helmets) ...

I was quite pleased ... excellent scupts for $1.25 each!

8 bare heads ... some bearded.

Archived