Battle Royal: Week One: Skraal Vs. Little Horus

JEFF4i

Okay, so GrantDaKiller inspired this and I want to make that clear, its his idea, I'm just trying to elaborate on it. I want to each Tuesday and start a new thread and see who people honestly would pick, with good reasons. I don't mind if you just cast your vote, but I would like to understand why. What I will do is after so many (probably 8) matches, I will compile winners and make it a "tournament" style based off of what you all think. This will lead to a grand battle between two people, and we will find a winner. After we find that, I'll start a new set, but in the meantime I will begin my custom-mini career with the winner, showing who he's defeated on the way, and some glorifying thing. It'll be tough, but to me, a lot of fun.

So Week One: "Murder" Yes, we find ourselves placed on the terrible planet of Murder. The mega-arachnids are all but gone, but in a strange twist of fate, we find Skraal and Little Horus Aximand at ends. With none of their brothers around, they come to blows. Soon after the fight begins, both retreat into the mess of stalks. However, both are intent on kiling the other.

Skraal: World Eater. Skilled veteran warrior. Savage, fierce, and a personality exceptionally strong even for a Space Marine.

Little Horus: Son of Horus. Part of the Mournival. A great warrior, looking almost exactly like his father. Thought-out, loyal to his friends, and master.

A battle of two captains, leaders, and warriors!

My pick is Skraal. As much as I like Aximand, Murder would force close quarter combat, and that is where the World Eater is going to shine. If Little Horus wants to keep it at a distance, we've seen Skraal has the self-restraint to wait for the best time to close the gap, which he would, and subsequently disembowl Little Horus.

Little Horus never struck me of much of a combatant, much more of a leader of men. Sure he beat Tarik but I never got that impression from him either.

Skraal is a beast of a warrior, able to discipline himself when needed (he sulked in the Abyss for weeks until meeting up the other Marines) and let loose when he has to. Skraal wins. Hands down.

Actually I think Little Horus Aximand would come out on top.

before you start throwing things at me the reasons are that while Skraal is probably better in close combat Aximand his a Luna Wolf. He'll take the measure of his opponent and exploit it. Remember that when he was facing Tarik he was ordered to kill a dearly loved brother. He held back and tryed to convinve Torgaddon to surrender and join them.

Skraal is a berserker at heart though. True he can control himself but when the time comes he'll fight with pure rage and make a mistake. Agression rarely beats skill I'm afraid.

Just my 2p. Besides you have to love the underdog ;)

Disciple

I'm going for Skraal. Homes is a World Eater, meaning crazier than a squig pumped full of combat drugs and locked in a room with a bunch of goff rockers and noise marines having a battle of the bands. Little Horus is soft and squishy (asking Tarik to surrender instead of killing him), Skraal is hard and solid. Little Horus belongs to a legion where warriors are promoted based on their ability to lead, thus meaning that while Little Horus is an exceptional leader, he doesn't have the individual skill to take on a warrior of a legion where your kill tally says more than you do.

seriously guys come on, skraal wud absolutely kik the :tu: out of little horus, Horus may have more skill but skraal an absolute nutter, holds a huge body count of word bearers and is one of angrons lot who all are made more aggressive. Fluff wise skraal absolutely rips little horus limb from limb but in terms of model rules it would be very close. I personally i agree with khk. ie and jeff.

my thoughts..

I vote for skraal for this one..

murder suits close combat more (1 point for skraal)

and for stalking your opponent, skraal proved his worth.. (an other point for skraal. )

I see him jumping out of the bush striking quick and retreating as fast as he came..

it will wear little horus down.. it is possible that litlle horus will find a flaw in skraals attacks..

but then it might be to late for little horus to change the outcome..

and I think skraal has the wits to change attack style....

so skraal... would win

WARNING THE QUOTE CONTAINS SPOILERS TO BATTLE OF THE ABYSS, SO SKIP THE QUOTE IF YOU HAVE NOT READ.

Skraal alone survived this disasterous mission, a 'hidden guest' aboard the Word Bearers' ship. Avoiding all attempts to capture or kill him, Skraal also managed to resist being suborned by the words of the Word Bearer's commander, Zadkiel.

Skraal was able to survive alone and on the run inside the giant vessel for several weeks, until he was finally able to link up with his fellow loyalists some time later, in the wake of a second boarding action by forces under Cestus' command. During this last attempt to destroy the Furious Abyss, Skraal chose to sacrifice himself to buy Cestus and Brynngar Sturmdreng time. Cleaving his way through Zadkiel's personal guard, Skraal suffered many wounds and was finally stopped by a bolt-pistol shot from Zadkiel at close range. Before collapsing, Skraal was able to swing his chainaxe one last time, shearing through both Zadkiel's pistol and his hand. Zadkiel then stabbed the defiant World Eater through the head, killing him.

Now if that isnt bad:cuss, then I dont know what is. Skraal would anihilate Aximand. Plus the planet, Murder, forces you to stalk your prey through the tall grass, and whatever clearings that are available would only suit close combat. The statement above is more than enough to show Skraal is more than capable of doing that. While Aximand is an exceptional warrior, he is a better leader. A World Eater is measured not by his ability to lead, but his ability to kill. Skraal wins hands down.

Captain Kael :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hum hard to decide.

Little Horus is one of the greates worriars that the luna wolves ever had. Hes from a Legion that did everything and anything to win. He has a good knowlage of wargear and can size up virtualy any enamey and clearly is good in combat after he killed Tarik who fought on murder in the first place. Little Horus is a cacluating, resorsful and a "do what ever it takes" vet of the luna wolves.

Skraal is a master of close combat from all the scars he has he deffinatly isnt a stranger to taking a few hits not to mention he took a round to the eye and still landed another blow. His ability to evade capture on bourd the furious abyss shows he knows when and how to hide and bide time. He has a will of iron and being a gladiator at heart will not fear death. Hes fast, unpredictable, in close combat cant be beaten and hes having a bad day.

Skraal would win unless Little Horus was able to find the terrain for him to use his bolter effectivly to wear Skraal down. Even then Skraal would land some kind of wound to Little Horus before he died.

im going with Skraal on this one

Aximand. He's Mournival. Elite of the Elite. Brilliant tactician and deadly in combat.

Skraal is a bad ass, but he's a chopper and not much else. He did ruin the entire attack on the Abyss when it was docked because he decided to let his warriors(and himself) kill some dock workers. Thats just dumb. He'd let his bloodlust get in the way and Horus would exploit it.

Archived