BatRep

MechSpacewulf

The game ended up going 6 turns and I apologize for not having pics...I will have them for future BatReps. I will also start getting a copy of my opponents army list so that I can better describe them in my reports

Daemons of Nurgle vs. Space Wolves

I chose to let the Daemons go first and before I knew it there were flamers and nurgles and even an Unclean One...Pappy Nurgle himself spewing out of the warp...the Daemons placed 3 of the 5 objectives safely in their territory taunting the Wolves to try and take the objectives with so much space to cross it looked as if a tie was the best the SW's could muster. The first Drop Pod came down in between the SW's lines and Pappy himself, it carried the Ven Dred. A pack of BloodClaws attempting to make a run at an objective and the Wolf HQ whose view is now obscured by the drop pod holding the line and contesting an objective attempted to lay some support fire. Within the first 2 turns Bjorn and the the 9 man BC squad are completely wiped out by Pappy and his cohorts, the Wolves HQ was able to start to utilize its Assault Cannons and got in a couple of tags but Pappy was starting to spew out nurglings creating new threats...meanwhile on the other side of the table another pod came in earlier then expected with a squad of Grey hunters which decided to deploy and make a run for an objective deep in Nurgle territory while the other GH pack attempted to defend against a Nurgle squad and a flamer squad...the flamers taking casualties from the HQ and never were able to unleash their terrible furry while another squad of nurgle warriors held an objective safe in their own territory Papa was on the move and the SW HQ got lucky and having learned the lesson of Bjorn gave plenty of room to make the slow and purposeful monster walk the gauntlet. The one squad of GH's made an amazing amount of saves and ended up clearing the area of threats while the other GH squad made it to the Nurgle Objective and ended up surviving a barrage of flamer templates but not as many as could have been because instead of shooting at Pappy NURGLE the WOLVES HQ shot at the flamers threatening the GH's and potentially sacrificing themselves which paid off in the end. The Pups held 2 objectives and the Nurgles held one and contested a second.

Lesson: never send an aluminum can to take on a can opener and Blood Claws as I have been told need to get into H to H ASAP so hide them which I could not do because I had no leader for them. The other leasson is learning to use Drop Pods and the confusing affect it has on the enemy as well as yourself especialy when they come in from reserve way sooner then you wanted because you rolled well for a change. Also make sure you put them in the way and get them in the thick of it...I wasted 20 points on a missle launcher which never fired.

Battle: #3 Breakthrough=Campaign Style from 5th Edition Rule Book page 255. Terrain=One sides front lines...intact buildings-sort of, trenches as well as craters and barricades. The player who wins the battle will choose the deployment type for the next battle.

1.Seize Ground(Players must nominate terrain features as objectives)

2.Pitched Battle

NOTE: The Daemons must deploy their entire army first...this will be done by Daemon Master Brian placing dice on the table to represent were the force will deploy and will coincide with the appropriate unit (I, as the attacker designate will not know what units are going pop out of the warp but I will know vaguely where)

3.Random Game Length at bottom of turn 4

Played a game against the blood god and the first thing I learned is that Bloodthirsters can tear into anything. Cant remember what happened for much of the game but in the end had my hq and 3 wolf guards in terminator armor, a squad on long fangs, and a half squad of grey hunters. Could of tied or even won the game if I had stayed back and shot, but being a space wolf player I rushed in and assualted everything. The wolves mad a very heroic stand against a bloodthirster and about 2 small squads of bloodletters.

Got wiped out by the Thirsters a few games ago and learned my lesson... I have played the Daemons quite a bit and then Orks, Dark Eldar and Chaos Marines and the best thing in the world is Bjorn in a Drop Pod (exept the last game with Pappa Nurgle the unclean one). Bjorn comes in by pod and pretty much locks or bogs down 1 to 2 squads if he does not get lit up and when I gave him a plasma cannon against Orks he took out a 30 Ork Mob with the help of the missle launcer on the pod but prior to that got my ass handed to me most of the time before I figured out these tactics that seem to work for now. Make them go first ( any Army ) because most of the time my opponent wants to go first but the pods now make them wonder and keeps them guessing.

Archived