Wolf Guard Battle Leader ...

13thWarrior

After reading through that link i thought Mastercrafted Cyclone Missille launcher as Fex killer.

As I understand the WG Battle Leader can be armed with the Mastercrafted Cyclone Missile Launcher (as a Hvy Weapon) and a single-handed weapon (such as a Storm Shield or FrostBlade) ...

What goes in the other hand?

Terminates carry Power Fist and Storm Bolter ...

Could a WGBL then carry the Cyclone Missile Launcher and a pair of Lightning Claws?

This is a post from another thread, but I really wanted to find some more answers ...

Is the WG Battle Leader limited (as I imagined) the the Cyclone Launcher and a one-handed weapon? Or can he have a weapon in each hand like a Terminater with Power Fist and StormBolter and the CML on top? Or could he be armed with the CML, a Frost Blade, and a Storm Shield? Wow ...

== REDACTED - JUVENILE & NONCONSTRUCTIVE ==?

I think that a WGBL is limited to a one-handed weapon or a storm bolter when carrying a Cyclone launcher, unfortunately. The rules explicitly say so under Wolf Guard Heavy Weapons and that's where he takes it from, so I'd have to say, yes, he is limited. However, he could take the Cyclone and a storm bolter and fire them both in the same turn, making that a pretty nasty combo. Still, I'd take the Assault Cannon/ Frost Blade set myself, but Cyclone/ Storm Bolter is a runner up.

You’re going to get a few different answers on this one:

The standard C: SM build is CML SB/PF so you should be safe with the same build. If you want to drop the PF and take something else, it’s not a big stretch to take a FB or SS instead of the PF. The constant is the SB. so do not make the mistake of thinking this is a free 1 handed slot that you can switch out, it's either nothing or a SB and don't forget to pay the 5 points for it.

As for the master crafted CML again different answers since MC is out of the new BBRB and since we are following the C: SM very closely with our gear I personally will not take it but that does not mean it an illegal build. Not really worth it when your hitting on a 2+ anyway.

For local games store stuff just ask what is cool with them usually not a problem, for any type of tournament you best get a ruling on it by the local judge to avoid any nasty on the spot rulings.

My WGBL is CML w/ SB/PF 2 Fen Wolves which joins a RB GH pack and sits on a home/close objective. GH build is 5 BG 1PG 1PW.

This ends up being is a very hard unit when it comes right down to it. Keep in mind the WGBL can leave at anytime and feel safe to do so with the Fen Wolves at his side. Make sure you give a RC to the WGBL so he can safely take wound allocations from shooting units and enjoy the 2+ saves. That is until the RC is gone, then it gets risky and better for the GH unit to use their 3+ save instead. Avoid putting any allocations toward the wolves unless it is a LC shot or what not, this way you can keep them around in case you want the IC to leave the GH pack and intercept something coming for the objective to leave the scouring unit to hold the objective.

WG Vrox

As I said in a previous debate regarding the CML, our dress-wearing "brothers", the Dark Angels, can take a CML in addition to any combination, including a pair of LC or a TH and SS.

That's why I consider that the right hand weapon doesn't need to be a storm bolter and give my WGBL CML, SS and a Frost Blade.

I also give CML, SS and PF to my WGBG and the unit works wonder, just check my post in the Biker Nobz thread :tu:

The problem with the above logic, though Ill admit I agree with it in spirit, is that we dont use their codex, we use ours. And ours declares that unlike in any other marine codex it takes on hand to fire the missile launcher.

I personally am just happy it gets two shots at 30pts per. Thus, I wont complain.

I think the above logic follows the thought process of "All equipment functions as shown in Codex Space Marines..." in which case it doesn't take up a slot. It's dodgey wording, but I think that's the only logic that follows.

As for the master crafted CML again different answers since MC is out of the new BBRB and since we are following the C: SM very closely with our gear I personally will not take it but that does not mean it an illegal build.

WG Vrox

I must disagree on this point. It may not be in the BBRB but it is still in the space marine dex under the Wargear descriptions (pg 98)

G

Yeah unfortunately from what I understand we can only take two weapons according to the limitations listed in the space wolves armoury. The official GW 5th FAQ does mention the cylclone missle launcher but only in the context that we can take a CML and a Stormbolter or a CML and a single handed weapon. Hope this changes, it would be nice.

Archived