Inquisitor Lamant And The Wolves

JEFF4i

I love Daemonhunters, and Inquisitors. This is largely due to Dan Abnett for his writing of Eisenhorn and Ravenor. I've seen that Inquisitors can be decent people and respected by Space Marines, given the right circumstances. This has inspired me to make this mini. Needs some touch-up and a good base, but I'm pretty happy with him. The lighting is horrid, as the fist looks a lot better.

However, let us say that since his departing from the Black Ships to help the Wolves of Russ fight the Thousand Sonds incursion (going with time-frame of latter Ragnar books) as a freshly minted Inquisitor, foolish, headstrong, and frankly sometimes quite stupid, he has learned much. This is him in his later career. He still posesses his =I= armor, but having gained some respect from the Wolves in his defense of their system and respect forcefully taught to him, they've deemed him worthy of some gifts. Each one has an explanation.

As far as playing him, I actually have been using him as a melee Inquisitor (pics will show that much), to show how being with the Wolves has tainted his perception of battle, and where he wants to be. Because of this, his retinue has some PPs and PFs, which they either take the Land Raider or Chimaera (I think the Chim is fun to have with Wolves, even if they don't necessarily match), into battle amongst Blood Claws and Grey Hunters. Yes, I know its not terribly fluffy, but I can see how a young Inquisitor who isn't very highly regarded being thrown in with the Wolves (pun intended), who consider them to be savages and barbarians. In doing so, he sees the Imperium very differently from what the "Black Ships" and Schola Progenium would have taught him. Also I know my painting isn't the best, but I'm happy with him.

I'll post more once it gets closer to being finished, but I've written about 15 pages of a short story on him so far, which is meh, but I like it. So, without further delay...

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff178/JEFF4i017/Lamant3.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff178/JEFF4i017/Lamant4.jpg

don't worry about the painting, in time you'll learn it;)

any chance we would get a list of why he got each item?

about his powerfist arm, it's a tad to long imo from an anatomical point of view, maybe shorten it a bit?

A) He got his powerfist when he was assisting some Wolves take back a Spaceport from the intolerable Thousand Sons, something along the lines of him becoming overzealous, and though suprisingly killing a few Thousand Sons (suprising given that he's young, and to the Blood Claws around him inferior), he ended up getting his arm cut off at the elbow. He awoke under the care of a Rune Priest, and they offered him one of the Chapter's Power Fists. This would happen a bit later, not his first campaign.

I know it looks large, but that was kind of my point. It seems preposterous that a human would use a Space Marine powerfist, but when looking over my GH Sprue, I just thought it would have the most symbolism. I mean, if most of his arm is prosthetic anyway, with the correct intigration, its feasible that he could manage it. Not to mention, imagine a traitor's face when he sees not only the Inquisition, but also one with a massive power fist from the Space Wolves.

B ) The wolf charm on his pistol would come from something along the lines of a mind-controlled Fenrisian Wolf that would've turned on some Guardsman that were also there. The Space Wolves around him woulda been mad, but cooler heads prevail, something along those lines. I'm trying to see how he might take a wolf without it being too left field.

C) The plate on his cloak is for show, a gift for a successful campaign and courage during one of Bjorn Thunderwolf's campaigns, recognition for honor and bravery.

I guess the general idea is that he slowly gets acclimated to a crowd that is very opposite of what he has been raised to understand, and seeing the humanity of the Angels of Death, having his knowledge contested. The short stories focus more on the moral obstacles he faces, similar to Ragnar (especially in Wolfblade), but from the POV of a servant of the Ordo Malleus.

**EDIT** I know my painting leaves some to be desired, but I'm actually happy with the job I've done. Needs a touch up on fine details, but I think he's one of my better minis. My horrible camera skills don't help :)

A) He got his powerfist when he was assisting some Wolves take back a Spaceport from the intolerable Thousand Sons, something along the lines of him becoming overzealous, and though suprisingly killing a few Thousand Sons (suprising given that he's young, and to the Blood Claws around him inferior), he ended up getting his arm cut off at the elbow. He awoke under the care of a Rune Priest, and they offered him one of the Chapter's Power Fists. This would happen a bit later, not his first campaign.

I know it looks large, but that was kind of my point. It seems preposterous that a human would use a Space Marine powerfist, but when looking over my GH Sprue, I just thought it would have the most symbolism. I mean, if most of his arm is prosthetic anyway, with the correct intigration, its feasible that he could manage it. Not to mention, imagine a traitor's face when he sees not only the Inquisition, but also one with a massive power fist from the Space Wolves.

No it's not that, it's just badly placed, the Power Fist is attatched at the wrist, but on a Space Marine it comes up all the way to the Elbow just about. Ontop of that given the smaller scale it looks really awkward. Granted the Inquisitor model doesn't really allow for you to chop the arm off but still you'd be better off looking for a Power Fist you could stick on the right arm which you could feasably chop off at the elbow so the Power Fist would at least be worn correctly.

B ) The wolf charm on his pistol would come from something along the lines of a mind-controlled Fenrisian Wolf that would've turned on some Guardsman that were also there. The Space Wolves around him woulda been mad, but cooler heads prevail, something along those lines. I'm trying to see how he might take a wolf without it being too left field.

The Fenresian Wolves are not mind-controlled, the Space Wolf who commands them is their pack Alpha, they don't lose control and if an Inquisitor killed a Fenresian Wolf, he'd get his head shot off, regardless of why IMO.

Remember Space Wovles do NOT trust the Inquisition, even Inquisitors who proved themselves are still outsiders and few are given the chance, any Inquisition ship that arrives in Space Wolf controlled space unnanounced is fired upon, that is how hostile Logan Grimnar is with the Inquisition. It would IMO take a lot more than a couple of campaigns for the Space Wolves to get pally with an Inquisitor. Even the one Logan Grimnar was good friends with and who saved Grimnar's life was still very much an outsider.

No it's not that, it's just badly placed, the Power Fist is attatched at the wrist, but on a Space Marine it comes up all the way to the Elbow just about. Ontop of that given the smaller scale it looks really awkward. Granted the Inquisitor model doesn't really allow for you to chop the arm off but still you'd be better off looking for a Power Fist you could stick on the right arm which you could feasably chop off at the elbow so the Power Fist would at least be worn correctly.

The Fenresian Wolves are not mind-controlled, the Space Wolf who commands them is their pack Alpha, they don't lose control and if an Inquisitor killed a Fenresian Wolf, he'd get his head shot off, regardless of why IMO.

Remember Space Wovles do NOT trust the Inquisition, even Inquisitors who proved themselves are still outsiders and few are given the chance, any Inquisition ship that arrives in Space Wolf controlled space unnanounced is fired upon, that is how hostile Logan Grimnar is with the Inquisition. It would IMO take a lot more than a couple of campaigns for the Space Wolves to get pally with an Inquisitor. Even the one Logan Grimnar was good friends with and who saved Grimnar's life was still very much an outsider.

Yeah, I knew the Wolf Charm didn't much make sense when I posted it. I'll just have to think something up.

As far as the Power Fist, perhaps hollowing it out a bit and just slipping it higher up on the arm would look good, worth a shot.

Well, as far as the lore, that was going to be part of what my story was, but I was trying to avoid it for suprise's sake. How no matter how much he can do, he will have their respect, even some of their loyalty, but he will always be an outsider, and dealing with it.

Archived