Grey Knight & =][= Land Raiders

Master Toddius

I did a search and found nothing because my search-fu must be lacking, I check 10 pages into the forum and found nothing, and the sticky thread didn't quite clearly answer the question.

In the DH dex under the LR godhammer and LRC headings on page 32 there is no mention of them recieving Power of the Machine Spirit. Which I assume would be the 3rd edition version of this ability. I then checked the latest DH FAQ and found no resolution of this. However, in the latest IA2 update from FW the LR's do recieve POTMS amd "Assault Vehicle" under the Special Rules.

So, did I miss something here? DH and =][= LR's only recieve POTMS and Assault Vehicle if a tournament/opponent allows us to have them via the IA2 update??? We've been playing the 3rd ed POTMS version at the store I play at, but I rechecked the codex recently and noticed the above issue.

How has then been resolved...? :)

Any help to an official resolution would be appreciated :D

I really don't press the matter of "slain outright" NFW, but LR's are generally easy to agree one unless your opponent is an "unlikable person". The tactic I would use with such a person is to make it known to the rest of the store, or people at the event, that this guy doesn't allow his opponent's LR's to operate as assault vehicles or take PotMS, which is plain silly.

Myself, I use the rules from the newest Marine codex in regards to PotMS and "assault vehicle" status. No one I've met has objected, most sympathize actually. :)

There are a couple of issues to keep in mind with this.

The Grey Knight Land Raiders received the new 5th Edition PotMS.

It is actually Errata'd to them (making it official and binding) as opposed to FAQ'd

Inquisitor Dedicated transport did not necessarily receive it, but the general trend seems to be a willingness to allow them it. (Adepticon FAQ)

Inquisitor Dedicated transport did not necessarily receive it, but the general trend seems to be a willingness to allow them it. (Adepticon FAQ)

Yep. Purely RAW, Inquisitor Land Raiders get bupkus. But since the GK Land Raiders got officially updated, virtually everyone is allowing Inquisitor Land Raiders the same ability.

Yep. Purely RAW, Inquisitor Land Raiders get bupkus. But since the GK Land Raiders got officially updated, virtually everyone is allowing Inquisitor Land Raiders the same ability.

That's not quite correct... Inquisitor Land Raiders in the Witch Hunters Codex get PotMS, it's just the OLD version, as opposed to the new one. The DH Codex has the new version. Ironic, eh? But that's the way it is <_<

That's not quite correct... Inquisitor Land Raiders in the Witch Hunters Codex get PotMS, it's just the OLD version, as opposed to the new one. The DH Codex has the new version. Ironic, eh? But that's the way it is :)

It gets interesting for me... I have 3 different PotMS rules... DA, DH and WH..... gotta love continuity.

Its pretty awesome though that in larger games the DH dex allows for up to 5 LR's.

Inquistor Lord + retinue

1 LR dedicated transport

Inquistor Lord + retinue

1 LR dedicated transport

3x LR's in heavy support.

All with updated Assault Vehicle and POTMS. Makes the Godhammer versions really worth it now. 2 TL-LC's primary shot at armor or MEQ's and POTMS TL-HB's at troops. Probably would do that for the Inq Lords and then take LRC's for the GKT's and/or PAGK's because the Inq. Lords would want to stay in cover with warrior gunners(PC and 2x HB's) + sages + mystics. In a 3500-4000pt game you could really present ALOT of firepower and HtH ability.

Its pretty awesome though that in larger games the DH dex allows for up to 5 LR's.

Inquistor Lord + retinue

1 LR dedicated transport

Inquistor Lord + retinue

1 LR dedicated transport

3x LR's in heavy support.

All with updated Assault Vehicle and POTMS. Makes the Godhammer versions really worth it now. 2 TL-LC's primary shot at armor or MEQ's and POTMS TL-HB's at troops. Probably would do that for the Inq Lords and then take LRC's for the GKT's and/or PAGK's because the Inq. Lords would want to stay in cover with warrior gunners(PC and 2x HB's) + sages + mystics. In a 3500-4000pt game you could really present ALOT of firepower and HtH ability.

You need to have a GK Hero in the army to take GK LRs as heavy support. Also, you can only have 1 Inq Lord from the DH codex, the other would have to come from the WH codex, but that wouldn't allow the GK hero.

He can indeed. 7 Raiders might be going a bit ott though :devil:

2500pt 'Ard Boyz, for the win! Woot!

SJ

Lets face it, if an army is geared to take on 2 or 3, they will not have trouble killing more....

And to be perfectly honest, raiders are not hard to kill with the right equipment.

Archived