Feel No Pain

THATNIDKID

Me and my friend fought over the rules of feel no pain.

Do Daemons with fnp if they get invuln save do they get feel no pain?

He says they do since in one of the first sentences it says you get fnp for unsaved wounds. But later on it says you don't agains power weapon, AP 1 and 2, ect

It works like this...

Well, it really should be in the Rules section, but I'll answer.

Feel No Pain says that UNLESS the wounds come from power weapons, AP1/2 weapons, or hits that ignore armor saves (by rule, such as a Monstrous Creature's attacks), you get the 4+ Feel No Pain rule.

The invulnerable save has nothing to do with it.

So it goes like this...

Let's say you've got Plaguebearers in close combat with Orks.

A regular Ork hits you. No special attack. He wounds you.

You take your 5+ save...

you pass? Good. You pass.

You fail? Well, it wasn't a power weapon, didn't ignore armor saves, and wasn't an AP1/2 hit. So, you get your Feel No Pain roll.

A Nob with a Power Klaw hits you. Power Klaws are power fists; they ignore armor saves and double wielder's strength.

You get your 5+ invulnerable save

You pass? Good.

You fail? No Feel No Pain for you.

The latter goes for plasma, melta, and monstrous creatures and such.

At least Plague Bearers are a natural T5, so it takes a S10 hit to ignore FnP.

Still if you think about it, FnP rocks. Very good against Tau, I found out recently, as they dont' have many things that can take FnP away.

But if it would normally cause instant death, it wouldn't against the PB's because they can't be instant death.

Am I right, or bending the rules?

But then again, it doesn't matter, because what has strength 10 and AP more than 2?

No, STR 10 doubles their toughness, which normally causes instant death, thus negates FnP reguardless of demons being immune to instant death. If you read the rules for FnP it seems pretty obvious to me.

Feel no Pain and Eternal Warrior(daemon rule) are separate rules, and are not combined. So when an effect meets a trigger for feel no pain like instant death, feel no pain is negated, however due to the eternal warrior rule thats separate means they only suffer one wound and not instant death.

If you re-read feel no pain on page 75 of the rulebook it answers your question. "Even if the model has eternal warrior"

Archived