Wolf Guard Terminator Base sizes

LPetersson

I'm sure we all know that our WG Terminators used to come with the small, 1", bases and that these days termies come on 4cm bases.

One of the guys in my local GW shop (Oxford Street, London) said that new WG Termies will come on the big bases and although it's up to me whether I want to put my current ones on big bases, I might as well since I'll have to do it sooner or later...

Have you guys started doing this? And has anyone complained to you about doing it? Whether for or against it....

And before anyone says it, yes, I did search...

They look better on the larget base. Gives them more of a presence on the table.

What I hate is our local game store only sells the base package that has a sample of all bases. And he tells me he can no longer order the package that has all 40mm bases. If GW is doing that on purpose, what a crock. I know there are other gaming system that use the same base or close enough so look for those if you find the same situation at your store.

WG Vrox

I know I spend more than I would if I bought online, and sometimes a pain to find what I want, but I am a big supporter of my local gaming community and the stores that support the hobby. I encourage anyone and everyone to do the same. Without the stores to play in, organize events and provide support there would be no hobby worth playing.

I realize not everyone understands this but I do my part whenever I can.

WG Vrox.

I fully understand and completely agree.

If my finances were as good as they were this time last year, I would cheerfully buy all my stuff in GW, but at the moment I really can't justify buying two Land Speeders for £36 in GW when I can get them for £27 online...

All the termie models I own are from many years ago and so I have just left them on the smaller bases. I've gotten no complaints. And I like the older one if only because they fit in my foam trays easier with the rest of my PAed marines.

G

I have a mixture as of now for 2 reasons, one I have them on the bases they came with, so naturally some are on larger bases and others. I'd prefer to have them on smaller bases when deep striking them otherwise if they're in a LRC it's best on larger bases anyways.

Even though the way combat works, it doesn't really matter how big your bases are unless you're facing orks, but even then, that 6" counter is going to get most if not all into that fight anyways.

I like to hide my terminators! :)

Lol I have them on their origional bases... and then those bases are on one of the more modern ones.

I like the origional bases... after all terminators are big, but they arent that much bigger. Atleast, mine arent. All I have being the older models. However, one of my friends said that the it wasnt in the spirit of the rules for me to have small terminators when everyone else who came into the local tournaments had large bases... except that one guy who had GK... and one of the tournament organizers strong armed him into putting them on larger bases. *Spreads hands* No one was doing that to me.... yet.

So I brought it up to the rest of my friends in the gaming community, many of them didnt care but more than just the one guy thought it was weird and would have felt more comfortable with my termies on larger bases. So I snagged five in one of those bags that Vrox is talking about, and lightly glued about a fifth of the base onto the new larger base.

Thus I have my terminators, and their sphere of immediate death.

Archived