Hrok Stormbringger

I basically woke up this morning and decided to build a WGBL with a cyclone missile launcher. So I did, and also gave him a TH and SS (and of course TDA). But I was wondering, is 145pts worth it?

P.S. if anyone is looking for names for their characters then I would recomend this:

http://www.angelfire.com/wy/svenskildbiter...g/viknams3.html

It would be, but basicly its just not a legal build. You have a two handed weapon and two one handed weapons. Now, if your friends understand that its an old techinicality and are ok with letting it go.... well enjoy. Though frankly if your not putting a runic charm on him I think your silly.

Thanks for link though, thats pretty cool.

Its in the description for Wolf Gaurd Bodygaurds, wich describe all heavy weapons as being two handed. If you take a Power Armored WG with a heavy weapon he cant us ANY other weapons. If you take one in TDA it counts as taking a two handed weapon. They FAQ'd being able to take a storm bolter, they never said we could take another weapon of any kind... thus we get a single weapon besides the CML, just as if wed taken a heavy flamer or assault cannon.

It doesnt matter if it doesnt look like its held in the hand. Heck you could have a sheathed power sword at your side... it still counts as a one handed weapon eh? Same with a bolt pistol in holster. Something doesnt get around the limitations in our codex by being put away.

As for buying a stormbolter and then replacing it... all that does is make your CML more expensive. The book is clear, you get up to two weapons on a WG model, and only one of those can be "two handed". The CML is a Two handed weapon. There is no way around this in a tournament situation.

Like I said... if you want to have some fun with your friend and theyre okay with this then have at it... otherwise your SOL.

couldn't he do the CML with a pair of lightning claws? i know that the other marines can do this, and the company has been very clear that in the current incarnation of the rules that the CSM targeter thing doesn't even have to be held, hence the twin lightning claws

No.... sorry wolfside, but the targeter doesnt have rules anymore. Its not even their to be replaced.

@ GunnrRedsun: Problem is that it states a pair of lightning claws is two choices of weaponry. Since a wolf gaurd can only have two weapon choices hed be unable to buy the CML. Stupid, wonky, but true.

Edit: For what its worth, Ive always always wanted a chance to throw down a WG with CML and 2xLC. Not happening soon though.

Archived