Black Templars

Marshal Rohr

Lookin' good! Having just painted this model myself, I can attest to the amount of small details... but you seem to have captured them all, and very well! I really like that you so faithfully adhered to the GW version, right down to the "half crosses" on the inside bottom of his cape. Well done!

It looks good in person and paint will pull it together. Think Witch King.

Oh no, watch out for the headbutt! *smash*

I think it looks pretty cool. I also really like your banner. I'm a fan of more simple standards (i.e. a decorative cross, some litanies, etc.) rather than those with some kind of image or battle scene.

That Helbrecht is amazing and is very detailed. I like the half crosses on his cape. Also, that EC model is looking really cool. If I may ask, how did you make those head spikes? They look awesome. I also really like your apothecary.

Good work man.

Captain Kael :rolleyes:

Head Spikes are cut from 2 of the Terminator Iron Haloes. The ones with the Skulls in them. I cut close to the base and then I filed them so that they would point upwards and not straight out. I am glad you like it, I was kind of going for a Witchking type of crown.

Only if points on a crown remind you of chaos. They are bolted on though, not growing from the helmet

Don't them bolts ends hurt the marines head. :) I think it looks pretty cool and think the army is coming along nicely.

What did you use for the aquilla on your emp champ midsection and is that plasticard that was added to his left shoulder pad or is it something else?

Here is my Honest to God, no Bull, Apocalypse List Things in Red need to be bought.

Assault Group I:

High Marshal Helbrecht

The Emperor's Champion

2 Chaplains

5-man Command Squad

4 12-man Crusader Squads

Armored Spearhead

• 2 LRC

• 1 LR

• 2 LRC

Masters of the Chapter

Chaplain Grimaldus

Assault Group II

Objective B

Deathknell Strike Force

• 4 Sword Brethren Terminator Squads

• 2 Sword Brethren Terminator Assault Squads

• 1 Sword Brethren Terminator Command Squad

• 1 Castellan

• 1 Chaplain

• 1 Venerable Dreadnaught in
    Drop Pod

Assault Group III

4 10-man Crusader Squad

4 Rhinos

2 3-man Bike Squads

2 Assault Squads

Datafexes Used:

• Predator Assassin Squadron

• Linebreaker Squadron

• Armored Spearhead

• Master of the Chapter

• Fighting Company (as Battle Company)

• Deathknell Strike Force

/indent]

Things with no Place:
  • 10 Marines

• 2 Razorbacks

• Techmarine with Gun Servitors and Tech Servitors

• Attack Bike

• Dreadnaught

This list is a little under 10000 points and doesn't include the things with no place. I am at a loss as to what to do with those guys...

Also Fluff:

I will be buying a Grey Knight army when their Codex is redone. It will be led by an Inquisitor Lord using Hector Rex's Figure and Grey Knight Grand Master. I want the idea behind this to be a small Grey Kight Force hunting for a Daemon Prince around the Eye and my Templars have joined the Fleet at the behest of the Inquisitor, who recognizes their incorruptibility as a tool. I figure together the Marshal, Grand Master, and Inquisitor Lord would form a Crusade Council. The Crusade would focus on hunting down the Daemon Prince with the Grey Knights acting as Questing knights and the Templars would be their Men-at-Arms, given the relationship between Grey Knights and Space Marines, I think the Space Marines would view them as something akin to Royalty, hence the Templars desire to serve
with
them. I say
with
because I don't believe the Templars would view them as Lords but more like honored Cousins.

The idea of Crusaders, Questing Knights, and Holy Men is what drew me to the Black Templars in the First place. The Crusade would be called the Vengeance Crusade in honor of the whatever the misdeed was that earned the ire of the Grey Knights.

Nice list and I like the idea for the fluf even though I personaly would think the BT would be wary of anything that had to do with the inquistion but thats my take on the BT. Gotta say though it would be cool to see that much black and white. I have around 5,000 points but haven't played any Apoc games just multiple detachment ones, but I think the sea of black and white is an awesome sight on the table top.

Cheers!

+++UPDATE+++

Initiate Erhart, Chosen Emperors Champion of the Vengeance Crusade

gallery_24723_1736_352482.jpg

gallery_24723_1736_345499.jpg

gallery_24723_1736_654665.jpg

gallery_24723_1736_99018.jpg

gallery_24723_1736_58311.jpg

gallery_24723_1736_243482.jpg

gallery_24723_1736_33490.jpg

LR, Chaplain Grimaldus and Cenobyte, Terminator Castellan, High Marshal's Retainers (Master of the Chapter), Marshal Todt,

gallery_24723_1736_385740.jpg

gallery_24723_1736_329432.jpg

gallery_24723_1736_121723.jpg

gallery_24723_1736_121532.jpg

gallery_24723_1736_56989.jpg

gallery_24723_1736_303421.jpg

gallery_24723_1736_633826.jpg

The primed models have had their shadows messed with so they don't just appear as silhouettes. It also looks like i need to hit them with an airduster too :D .

Archived