Field Expedient Warhammer 40k

Plastenarius

I thought you all would get a kick out of this. I played as the smurfs about 6 years ago and my friend here has always been interested in the 40k universe. So we decided to start putting together our 40k armies with the extra time we have on our hands here in Iraq. However we don't have the models to actually play a decent game, but soon!, so we used some imagination and developed our "field expedient" 40k.

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv79/plastenarius/DSCN2772.jpg

I myself play SW and my friend plays IG.

Our tools included...

- 550 Cord marked for measuring

- A roll of duct tape that worked out well for small and big blast markers

- "Pogs" we use as coinage here in country that are somewhere around 25mm

- Novels to represent vehicles

- Rip It cans were my speeders

- Improvised scatter dice

- Whatever we had laying around for terrain

First and foremost thanks for your service to us! Post your address and I will send some of my spare SW figures so you can have a worry free army and we can post for your IG buddy too. I also live close to a Company that makes hot sauce called Burning Asphalt that will will ship to our Troops for free so we can get a care package together. Who knows, if this works out you can even get an Apoc game going!

Pat

I appreciate the offer Pat and I sent you a PM if sending goodies out here is something you want to do. I certainly wouldn't ask anyone to part with their Wolves though. :D

Hope the pic gave you a laugh. The Wolves have been murdering the traitorous IG so far. Hopefully when we get back and have to play with actual models it won't ruin my streak!

First, thanks for serving!

Second, great use of an ACH - I'll have to remember it.

Third, I don't think even the Space Wolves would use a DIET Rip-It can as a proxy (at least the only citrus ones we got were diet - LOL)

Stay safe and have fun.

Better days,

truly awesome man. i admire your dedication, and i thank you for your service. stay safe man, and the best of luck against that vile heretic of a guard player :P . keep the faith brother

Glad you all got a kick out of it.

War Angel - Of course the Wolves won! Poor basilisk and leman dropped two pie plates on the rip it cans (LS w/MM) in turn two and didn't do anything to them, poor guy. It was pretty much a blood bath after that.

200Plus - The sugar free Rip Its are horrible but sometimes in the only thing we can get our hands on. :'(

Wolf89 - The BitBurger was left over from New Years. We bought a bunch of "near beer" and got "near drunk."

-Plast

Thank you for your service, brother. You do all us here at the Fang proud through your bravery. An Ale on me! ;) but on another note, its awesome to see that you have taken your hobby along with you, its always nice to have ways to relax like that

Archived