What models can a space wolves army use?

xZ AZRAEL

Hey i've just got back into space wolves after about 3 years and i was wondering, can i use all models from the space marine range as long as I convert them to look more wolf like, for example Grey knights, could i use them as, say a rune prist or squad leader as long as i change them up a bit? also honour guards for ultramarines are they up for grabs aswell?

Could anyone get back to ASAP please :P

LOL!

Feel free to take any model, file away the unwolfy bits, wolf it up with pelts and tails with runes and whats not. Bam! You have a fully functioning Space Wolf on your hand. I do happen to have 10 Imperial Guardsmen as my Wolf Scouts. Heavily converted though.

As long as you have some power armours bits, you can wolf him up. (No xenos though).

The God Emperor speaks the truth - any PA model is waiting to be elevated to the ranks of the Wolves! Generally the plastic models are easier to convert and personally I wouldn't use the UM Honour Guard - though if you have a specific plan go for it!

On the other hand, I think I've seen a couple of GK's => SW's around here. My Wolves are a huge exercise in kitbashing anyway, so go for it. Post pics of the results!

Pretty much if it's a GW model, and it's an accurate representation (not an eldar model for a marine, but rather a marine model for a marine) then it's no problem.

I've seen players use dark angels models for their wolves because they liked the models (ezekiel for a rune priest was the most stunning) and needless to say his army rolled many 1's. :)

As everyone has said if you do your best to accurately model the...well...model. You don't even always have to use GW stuff unless of course you want to enter a tourney.

Even then it gets into %'s and people say, "oh I used GW green stuff, I used GW paint, I used GW cardboard from their boxes, etc..." trying to get away with things... you wouldn't believe some stuff I heard.

And remember it doesnt have to be a loyalist marine either.... Ive snagged a few chainswords from Khornate Beserkers, have contemplated taking the back-pack from a Khornelord for my wolf lord, and heck, 13nth company has about half their power armor from dead chaos marines.

And remember it doesnt have to be a loyalist marine either.... Ive snagged a few chainswords from Khornate Beserkers, have contemplated taking the back-pack from a Khornelord for my wolf lord, and heck, 13nth company has about half their power armor from dead chaos marines.

I bought the ForgeWorld Chain Axes and hopefully they'll look great on my soon-to-arrive Blood Claws...

Pretty much if it's a GW model, and it's an accurate representation (not an eldar model for a marine, but rather a marine model for a marine) then it's no problem.

Not true, I think Dark Angles can use Sisters of Battle for their marines, :P

WG Vrox

Hey i've just got back into space wolves after about 3 years and i was wondering, can i use all models from the space marine range as long as I convert them to look more wolf like, for example Grey knights, could i use them as, say a rune prist or squad leader as long as i change them up a bit? also honour guards for ultramarines are they up for grabs aswell?

Could anyone get back to ASAP please :)

i think the word you are looking for is con-ver-shun. lol. We do it all the time.

Chaos-y bits don't look half bad on Space Wolves, even if they have some pointy arrows. So long as you're not sporting icons of Khorne or whatnot, they look nice.

Littlbitz's SW army has a Wolf Guard battle leader on a chaos bike. Of course I also thought that looked awesome, so I had to get one as well, but I noticed that I shaved off more of the chaos-y stuff than he did. Either way it looks good.

well i've got a 13th company, renagade army so i've been usuing alot of chaos stuff and its also good to know that dark angels are a good choice to use, as i like their models aswell. its just a matter know of picking a good base for my wolf lord and get some honour guards for his retinue and i think i'll be set for a pretty decent HQ :rolleyes:

Archived