round 1: 1000 point tournement at my LGS

Mosk

As awesome as apoc is, it is not much fun for the new player. Because of apoc, new players almost feel like they have to a mass this huge army, this leads to people possibly not wanting to paint their armies and having troubles grasping the basics. Because of this my LGS is hosting a 1000 tourny for the month of febuary. I am pared out to go up against space marines this week.

I play him thursday, and he is not a newb, he is fairly good.

I run sisters of battle and am wondering what are some good tactics for this level.

My army consists of an anti tank jump cannoness, and another jump canoness set for anti infantry that will support but not move with my squad of five seraphem with two hand flamers. Also I have two foot slogging flamer/heavy flamer sister squads, and exorcist, and an immolator with dominions (four flamers, one vss and another sister)

Rhinos are your friend. If you can get a hold of some, use them.Sisters need a lot of protection to get close to their enemies, not to mention the tactical versatility of Rhino Walls or firing two models out of the top hatch on a 6" move.

Drop the Dominions and go with a 3rd Battle Sister squad so that you have 3 scoring options. If your Immolator can double as a Rhino that will help (does the Immolator bit pop off?). If you have 3 squads of Battle Sisters in Rhinos with Flamer/Heavy Flamer, an Exorcist, and an Anti-Tank Cani with Seraphim, that should get you pretty close to 1k points. Since you only have one Exorcist, keep it well hidden so that it isnt easily disabled. Target Walkers first with the Exo as they are the biggest hassle for a Sisters army, Transports should be taken care of next. Ignore Tanks like Predators, Vindicators, or Land Raiders (if he fields one at 1k, its a pretty cheap move) as Exo's dont do well against them. Instead, make those vehicles the priority target of your Cani and if you have an Eviscerator Vet Seraphim, her too. Keep your Battle Sisters protected and only strike when you know you will get a lot of template cover to maximize wounds and 6's for Divine Guidance, again Rhinos help with this part.

Is what you listed all you have to work with, or just all you plan to use?

What I have listed is what I have painted. Part of the tourny is that your army must be painted :(

I have the following painted

Exorcist that can turn into a rhino.

2 jump cannoness

5 seraphem

3 VSS with bolters

6 flamers

2 heavy flamers

16 sisters of battle with bolters

12 HB retributers :P

immolator that I was stupid and did not modulate it so its only an immolator, but i can change the weapons, but i like the TL HF

So I am somewhat limited at the moment, actually I just finished my exorcist painting it tonight. I am totally out of primer and basically out of paint though, I gotta restock. :)

Stick with the tactics I gave about Exorcist Priority. Dominion and Seraphim/Cani's should attempt to move as much as possible. If both Cani's are capable tank busting ability, have them travel just out of coherency of the Seraphim and independent of each other to make your opponent choose between multiple targets. Target transports if they are there or tanks if there are no transports. Seraphim and Dominion should target Infantry as much as possible, use your faith to keep the Seraphim alive. As the Cani's and Exo bust transports, Seraphim and Dominion should be right behind to mop up if possible.

Your footslogging Sisters make nice targets for your opponent and you actually want that to detract the attention on the Faster moving units. Move in a straight line at your opponent trying to get cover where possible. Make sure you run when you can. Alternatively, you can keep both footsloggers out of LoS and attempt to draw the enemy to you and then rush him at the last second as well.

I don't play Dominion much unless I have maxed out my Battle Sister Squads, and I dont usually play Foot Slogging Sisters, so my advice may be kind of "meh," so take it with a grain of salt.

EDIT: Looking at your list of available models, Im wondering if you would actually be better off with a Retributor squad. Since you would only have 2 Vehicle, your LoS shouldnt be too hindered.

Take the 2 BSS's which use 1 VSS, F/HF, and 7 Bolters each leaving 1 VSS and 2 more Bolters. Now you can field a 7 girl squad of Retributors with 2 ablative bolter wounds and still perfect size enough to attempt Spirit or DG tests if you felt you needed to. This gets the girls active from turn one, something Dominion arent capable of. You can still take the Immolator as a third HS option and run it with no troops inside, or use it later as a transport for girls who have 6 or few models without JPs.

Archived