440 points of inducted sisters. please help!

Konstand

Latley, I have been upgrading my 1500 point Dark Angels list to an 1850 list. I would like to use inducted which hunters as part of the force to make up ground where I am weak; against hordes.

The list as it stands now:

HQ:

Belial with attack banner and apothocary

Troops:

2 assault terminator squads with 4 Twin lightning claws and one heavy famer/chainfist for each squad. (they are troops because of my HQ choice)

Eleites: NONE

Fast attack:

1 Dominion squad with imolator. 1 melta and 3 flamers.

Heavy support:

1 vindicator with dozer blade

1 land raider crusader

1 regular land raider

I need to figure out what kind of troops to spend the remaining 440 points on. It will either be 2 squads of inquisitorial storm troopers with an upgraded chimera each or 2 squads of roughly 15 sisters on foot or 2 squads of 10 sisters in a rhino.

Help and comments would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks again.

best option IMO is two squads of:

10 Sisters of Battle in Rhino,

Rhino has various upgrades

VSS w/ what ever upgrades I woul dnot do evicerator.

Give em 1 flamer 1 heavy flamer

There ya go :D

yep thats what I would do.

get ready, I also play dark angels, be prepared for lots of "WHAAATT!!!!???? Sisters with angels?@?@?@?!!?! OMG:cuss?!?!?!?! THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN!!!!"

Battle Sister Squad

10 Sisters with: Veteran, Combi-Flamer, Book of St Lucius, Meltabombs, Flamer, Heavy Flamer

In a Rhino with: Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers

Total Points: 220

2 of those will take care of your anti-horde issues and still be able to deal with most threats.

seems like the concensus is sisters in a rhino.

Out of curiosity, why would someone want to take stormtroopers if they are only 1 point cheaper? There has to be some reason.

Is it the option to take the chimera? I was thinking, if I loaded up 10 with 2 grenade launchers in a chimera that includes a multi lazer and a heavy bolter, that would be at least 8 strength 6 shots per squad if it stayed put.

Also, I notice that the IG chimera says it has 6 hull mounted lazgun points operated by the passengers for their chimera. The Which Hunters version does not mention this in the transport entry, but in the fluff portion right next to the entry, it mentions the lazguns in the side of the inquisitorial chimera. Another strange thing is that the Which Hunters chimera has 2 fire points instead of the 1 that the IG version has. I guess the question is: Does the W/H chimera include the hull mounted lazguns it talks about in the fluff or did GW miss something?

As far as the fluff reasons go, I tell people one of the fallen began assembling a group of believers on a planet and telling them the the emperor was not a god, but merely a man. An inquisitor arrived on planet to burn heretics, but was overwhelmed and killed by fanatical subjects. The deathwing arrived shortly afterand inducted the remaining inquisitorial forces for support as they hunt the falen.

The only reason to take stormies is because they can equip plasmaguns. For all intents and purpose they're a second class choice and the only reason they'd be picked aside from the cheap plasmaguns is for fluff reasons.

plasmaguns are the main reason. You get two BS4 plasmaguns for 70 points. Could be real brutal.

They make great antitank throwaways too. If your expecting lots of high armor then make several 5 man squads with 2 meltaguns each and zoom them forward in rhinos / chimeras.

Not entirely the same, the Witch Hunter version does not get the option of a Pintle Mounted Heavy Stubber making the 9 shots a turn IG Chimera (MultiLas, HM Heavy Bolter, Pintle Mounted Stubber) a little more useful.

Not entirely the same, the Witch Hunter version does not get the option of a Pintle Mounted Heavy Stubber making the 9 shots a turn IG Chimera (MultiLas, HM Heavy Bolter, Pintle Mounted Stubber) a little more useful.

ok...

if we are going to be exactly technical about it then the witch hunter / daemon hunter chimera also cannot take cammo netting, improved comms, mine sweeper, or track guards.

:P

Archived