How to arm Assault Terminators?

Nyyman

So, I have ordered Assault Terminators, and thinking of how to arm them. Is there any point of arming others with TH/SS and one with 2xLC? He would more likely to attack first (at least against those orks and necrons) to kill even a bit of them before enemy attacks back. Then the survivers would hit with Thunder Hammers.

So, B&C, is there any point in my sentance?

The real thing why I wanted your opinion is to know if I will equip my Captain with spare Thunder Hammer or not....

Personally I run 6 armed with 2xLC and 2 armed with TH/SS. This lets me soak a couple AP shots into that 3+ inv. and have some strong weapons to deal with vehicles and MCs while being able to tear through infantry. It also all fits nicely in a Crusader.

Personally I run 6 armed with 2xLC and 2 armed with TH/SS. This lets me soak a couple AP shots into that 3+ inv. and have some strong weapons to deal with vehicles and MCs while being able to tear through infantry. It also all fits nicely in a Crusader.

I'm with this guy, although I do not have assult termies, if I did I would run most with LC becasue lightning claws are more killy, and run a few with TH/SS so i can assighn armor ignoring shots to them.

Notes:

T5 is the point at which thunder hamers and LC are equaly damageing, but LC are still better initive

On the charge the equal point is between t4 and t5, so thunderhamers do more vs t5 on the charge, but lighting more vs t4.

also if you plan on taking vulkan then the mastercrafting makes thunderhammers better than the claws... unless you also add a chaplin for the charge.

Ultimately I think claws and hammers will come down to individual taste, with the hammers being better overall thanks to the improved save and much higher strength that can hurt any model in the game.

Finally, if you have furious assault, either cause you are templars (who also get rerolls to hit) or from Khan in the unit, then LC termies are pretty much the killiest model you can get for MEQ.

I run my sqaud of five with 3 LC's and 2 TH/SS's it works very nicely especially acompanying a Librarian( wink, wink, ). ;)

i forgot, if you have an all TH/SS sqaud, as i have found out through many painfull experiances is they get swamped by large units like gaunts and gaurdsmen, with all those dice at least 1 to 5 are going to make there mark ;)

Archived