thunderfire's in area terrain

traxter

Id say it would depend on what is hit.

The techmarine would follow infantry rules for being in Area - and automatically get his 4+.

The thunderfire itself (if hit) would have to see if 50% of it was in cover since those are the rules we use for vehicles.

The Thunderfire is part of the unit, even though it is out of cover the fact that the techmarine is in cover gives the unit 50% and so they both get a cover save.

Seattle - good point. I'll have a think about that. At the moment I can't see anything RAW that can refute that logic, so I'll need to check my books at home.

you shuold base it on artillery, but the rules there are a bit thin. which is interesting, given that they are the only catagory of mixed infantry/vehicle units in the game. either way, I support the general 50% rule, even in this case - as contradictory as it may seem at times.

There's no statements about cover - only what gets hit: gun or gunner.

squadron cover rules on p.64 don't technically apply but do give a mechanic that shows that the logical application of both infantry and vehicle cover rules should apply here, and to MC/infantry mixed units as well. (check for each model to see if they are in cover, using rules applicable to the model type and ignoring other models in the unit)

therefore, presumably the standard 50% of unit in cover counts. logically, I could see it go either way, but RAW seems clear enough.

Archived