Black Crusade question

Ensis Ferrae

I haven't read any fluff on the Black Crusades, but I know for a fact that Abaddon would cherish any demonic summoning skills or charisma (Dark Apostles) to incite the populace of a world to turn traitor/worship chaos/summon demons.

;)

At the end of Dark Disciple they Word Bearers (or at least the Main Characters Host, but probably more) are coordinating with the Black Legion before the 13th crusade. I assume Abby would really want the WB due to their Charisma and summoning skills as mentioned, but also because of how organized they are in comparison to the others chaos factions.

so, if i were to put them in an IA article, fighting in the 4th BC would be ok, as well as some possible solo actions taken elsewhere?

now, i understand that the warp is fickle and all, but how is it that abby seems to be only able to exit the warp from the EoT, when there is the maelstrom as well??

now, i understand that the warp is fickle and all, but how is it that abby seems to be only able to exit the warp from the EoT, when there is the maelstrom as well??

The Eye is Closer to Terra,Less space and enemies between his crusade and Terra if the Legions could acheive and maintain a considerable beachhead?Thas how id explain it.

so, if i were to put them in an IA article, fighting in the 4th BC would be ok, as well as some possible solo actions taken elsewhere?

It's very simple. Warp storms. There's a reason there's only two ways out of the Eye you know? ;) Or it could simply be that even if they were linked, it would simply take to much time to travel between them that it's simply not worth it.

Also on the note of Word Bearers and the Black Crusades. IIRC from the Eye of Terror 'dex the Word Bearers were noted as having a "major presence" at the rear of all sectors. It can be assumed that they were heavy tasked with overseeing the full conversion of the slaves and survivors after the initial capture had been completed.

TDA

hmm..that would go in line with some of the other fluff on the WB i have read, that basically states them as being the most active of all chaotic legions. i suppose it takes plenty of time to get a cult up, running, and self sustaining.

It should also be noted that only a faction of the Word Bearers resides in the Maelstrom, the rest of the WB along with Lorgar himself reside in the Eye and it would stand to reason that they would be a major player in Black Crusades.

Indeed. WB are a Legion and hence a large portion of the CSM's, on top of that Abby is the Chosen of the Chaos Gods. I don't see them 'not' cooperating. There may be reluctance involved but the WB have no reason 'not' to help as good as they can.

For a project like a Black Crusade 'approval stamped' by the Gods, pity rivalries and feuds are set asside.

It should also be noted that only a faction of the Word Bearers resides in the Maelstrom, the rest of the WB along with Lorgar himself reside in the Eye and it would stand to reason that they would be a major player in Black Crusades.

They're actually split pretty much 50/50 IIRC.

TDA

• 1 month later...

Archived