New Daemon Lord

darth_giles

Ok, I finally took the bait. The Daemon codex really is the Chaoswing army I've been hoping for, although the loss of termies kinda saddens me. I've started converting a future Keeper of Secrets (in the PC&A), and I'm looking at what to get.

I tend to prefer Slaanesh, although I've seen how Bloodletters (more or less unchanged since the last codex) work and I really like them. I also like the newly buffed Flamers, even if they are elites.

The general list I'm looking at runs sorta thus...

KoS- Musk, Gaze

Flamers

Flamers

Bloodletters (w/ icon, just in case)

Daemonettes (w/ icon)

Daemonettes (w/ icon)

DP- Wings, Gaze

Just in terms of generalities, for a 1k list.

Welcome to the dark side. We have cookies.

Daemon Prince NEEDS Iron Hide. Ditch Gaze for HIde, and a body or two if you have to.

At this points level, I'd also ditch the icons. You're dropping 75 on them; that's close to a tenth of your army on stuff that's iffy to use.

I do agree with running multiple MCs, though.

If you want to use Daemonettes, then you'll need to bring a lot. They're quick and not too shabby with rending, but require numbers to work because of their durability and their rending. S3 doesn't kill a lot, but high volumes of rending attacks do.

How's this for a 1,000 list with the stuff you want?

Keeper of Secrets

>Unholy Might

>Soporific Musk

3 Flamers

3 Flamers

9 Daemonettes

9 Daemonettes

9 Daemonettes

Daemon Prince

>Flight

>Iron Hide

993 Total

This is a more efficient re-work of what you've got, though no Letters. However, at this point I'd like to mention that you're very adept at killing infantry with the flamers and the 'nettes. I'd almost consider the flamers redundant, given that they do what your Daemonettes do. So, here's another take...

Keeper of Secrets

>Unholy Might

>Soporific Musk

10 Daemonettes

10 Daemonettes

10 Daemonettes

10 Daemonettes

Daemon Prince

>Flight

>Iron Hide

>Unholy Might

>Mark of Slaanesh

>Aura of Acquiescence

We bulk up the number of Daemonettes you take, and believe me, you'll need them all. The DP has gotten a bit fiercer; it's now a little better at taking on vehicles with S6, and boasts I6 and carries grenades, importantly.

The tweaks to your Keeper of Secrets in both build take advantage of its speed. Gaze is honestly not that impressive of a shooting gift, and the Keeper has Fleet. With Musk, you want to be pinging from combat to combat, and you might as well get that extra movement with Fleet. Gaze might drop a marine a shot. You'll hit 2 shots, maybe wound with one, and someone takes a cover save against you. Get into combat and hit them with seven WS8, I10, S7 attacks instead. It's what the keeper's for.

EDIT:

I'm close to breaking a cardinal rule for myself...never make a Daemon Prince do what you want a Greater Daemon to do. I'm close to suggesting you cut a Daemonette unit to 8, use it as the 'sit at home and go to ground on my objective' unit, and get a second Keeper of Secrets configured like the first.

If you're going to take a 'grinder, take two. Although, I'd probably try not to make a mini-daemonzilla army at 1k points.

How about this:

Herald of Slaanesh. 50 points.

3x flamers. 105 points.

10x bloodletters. 160 points.

15x daemonettes. 210 points.

2x soulgrinder. 270 points.

That totals to 795, leaving you with just over 200 points to customize while giving you a strong core or your army (the herald is your compulsory HQ unit, if you decide on something else drop it). I know it doesn't use your keeper, but I'd save that for 1500 at least to be honest.

How 'bout this?

Herald of Slaanesh (90)- Chariot of Slaanesh, Unholy Might, Soporific Musk

4x Flamers (140)

12x Daemonettes (168)

10x Daemonettes (140)

10x Daemonettes (140)

Soulgrinder (160)- Phlegm

Soulgrinder (160)- Phlegm

Archived