Army builder

SeanyPrawny

Hey just wanting to know if anybody has army builder and if its any good for the wolves of Russ? I've tried it once before and noticed it had minor things wrong in it with other armies but never got round to seeing the space wolves. I really want to buy it but if its going to have loads of problems I'll rather stick to the old pen and paper.

Thanks in advance.

As with all the armies the updates after a new codex or rules edition takes little while (especially the wolves with it's "SEE C:SM"). I have found it well worth it though despite the pesky updates and bug fixes. I'd recommend getting it especially if you play more than just wolves (I play five 40k, one Fantasy and two LOTR).

personally i've never really liked it. i understand that it is more convient, and yes it is. but i've always found the glitches to be far too annoying to use it. also the fact that you have go and download more updates, and check the site for the updates (at least the version my wife has didn't auto-update, but she bought it when it first game out) to be very annoying. also the fact that it doesn't update with the faqs is annoying. but thats just me. maybe i'm old and crusty and don't like the change that much. oh well, hope it helps <_<

Well as I've said for Wolves outside of "debated" issues you can change the program fairly easily once you get the hang of it. The shotgun issue was that it was giving us the Str 3 shotgun profile and with me learning the ropes I needed my sheets to say the Str 4 so I went in and "gave" the Wolves Str 4 Manstopers

I like it a lot. I had prblems with it like everyone but that ended in 5th ed. Instead of just updating away the problems they made a whole new rules category you select in start up (seleted when it asks you which gaming system you are using it for: Lord of the Rings, Warhammer fantacy, etc...) With that change I've seen no problems at all and enjoy it again but the new system isn't compatible with my only army lists.

Well worth the money in my view.

G

I like it but feel its tad expensive for a download program, you also only get a years worth of updates on purchase

first off, yes $50 (i think) for 1 year of downloads for wolf lair's version is pricey, but you can still down load up dates for free you just have to go to the site and do it (you wont be prompted). i have it book marked.

back to the OP, it's not bad.... but not the best. with wolves i tend to get the weapon summary, from army builder and pen and paper my list, because at the stores i go to we have decided how/what i get works/can be used. but like others have said, i you play multiple armies, very well worth it.

Archived