Shrouding

jeffersonian000

Here's the situation: Defiler wants to fire its standard battlecannon over a unit of GKT, targeting a unit of Marines behind them.

1) Roll for Shrouding, if the GK are in view, so are the Marines behind them; if no view, no target/can't fire.

2) Roll for Shrouding, if the GK are in view, so are the Marines behind them; if no view, double the scatter dice.

3) Ignore Shrouding, the Marines get a 4+ cover save from the GKT's.

4) No go; Defiler battlecannon is not a barrage weapon without an upgrade and therefore cannot indirect fire the targeted unit regardless of Shrouding.

In a recent tournament, if was arbitrated as option #1; however, the other three options seem legitimate based on the fact that the rules for Shrouding only involve GK's being the target.

Any thoughts?

SJ

I would have to go for 3 and 4, but I can't check the exact wording of the Shrouding at the moment.

#4 because it doesn't have the option of firing indirectly, but it can still shoot directly at something it can see.

#3 because as you say the Shrouding is something you deal with when shooting at grey knights, not through them!

3) Ignore Shrouding, the Marines get a 4+ cover save from the GKT's.

Correct. Shrouding only protects the unit of GK if they are being directly targetted. As battlecannon's require direct LoS any intervening units confer the save.

Cheers

I

Archived