Heavy Support Combo

newach

I was thinking about using

Land Raider Phobos

Land Raider Crusader

Vindicator

Do these three units work well together?

All depends on what you wanna do. (Don't you hate that answer? ^_^ )

Seriously though, there is some good synergy, all 3 are heavy armor (atleast from the front) and 2 of the 3 are geared for short range work while the other can either work up close or far away.

The biggest issues you'll face is 1) Its alot of points to put into 3 models and 2) how best to use them together. The 2nd point depends on the rest of your army make up, but some ideas would be running the Crusader in front, with the Vindicator behind it (so its screened) and the Phobos hanging back sniping units @ 36". Using either Land Raider to shelter the weaker Vindicator wouldn't be a bad idea, especially to protect its side armor.

The Vindicator is almost always going to eat it first unless you have something ridiculously mean in that Land Raider. I'm usually a fan of taking two Vindicators if you are going to take them at all, just to make your opponent really miserable trying to get rid of your demolisher cannons.

Same with Land Raiders - there is a multiplicity benefit to them. Way harder to kill three than one.

You could just be mean and take a redeemer plus a termy squad in the crusader, thats even more mean! (put in an assault and call it four raiders!). It's a good line up but the vindicator will always need to get the first shot, dispite having a terrifying storm bolter of mega doom as standard, the poor, useless harmless demolisher always bites it first!

Since I have the crusader already, I think I am going to magnetize the sponsons on the new box so I can have a crusader and any other varriant of Land Raider.

So for a 2000 point battle, what would be the best second Land Raider?

Archived