HQs Wargear New Dex

WG Vrox

I was putting a list to take down to my LGS and got to wondering about how Space Wolf wargear is going to change in our next codex. I know its all speculative and best guest stuff going on , but we are going to loose a few pieces and it bothered me how those losses will affect our HQs in combat.

So I listed each piece of wargear out of our codex in order. The big question for me will be how space wolf wargear will be made available; will it be selected from a general list as it is now or will it be a standard issue as in C: SM. I know this topic has been discussed in different formats, but here are my thoughts on the subject.

Auspex: An assured out,

Belt of Russ: Pretty standard wargear and should see its return, but my guess is it will be for our Wolf Lord only.

Bionics; An assured out,

Chooser of the Slain: It should return as standard issue for the Rune Priest. As for what it provides the priest, I am thinking about the same as it is now but with better clarification on the” counts as an additional weapon” issue.

Frags: standard issue

Jump Packs: I think they will stick with the fluff and only WG will be allowed to use them with BCs.

Healing Potions and Balms: My guess is it will be switched out for the “feel no pain” special rule. But hey at least our will be organic.

Krak grenades: standard issue

Mark of the Wulfen: It’s our fluff and I don’t see it going away. Some changes on what it does and how that model will interact with other squads.

Master crafted weapons: Out

Melta Bombs: same as in C: SM

Runic armor: interesting one, but since artificer armor is still active in C: SM I am guessing only rune priest and iron priest will have access to it possibly standard issue for both. Since C: SM Honor guard have it as standard issue it will be interesting to see if they provide it as standard issue for a WL’s retinue

Runic Charm: I don’t see them keeping it in, nor do I see them compensating for its loss.

Servo Arm: Standard issue for our Iron Priest, it will be interesting to see what they do with our Iron Priest, I can see him being bumped up to an HQ choice.

Space Marine Bike: available to all HQs as per C: SM

Terminator: available to all HQs as per C: SM

Wolf Helm of Russ: Out

Great Company Banner: Out

Wolf pelt: Let’s say standard issue for Wolf Lords and WGBLs though it may not be in the form of a Wolf pelt, rather something that provides the bonus for counter attack. I do not see them allowing WG to take it.

Wolf Tooth Talisman: I don’t see them keeping it in, nor do I see them compensating for its loss.

Wolf Tooth Necklace: I can't imagine doing without our WTN, it's one of the few pieces of wargear that compensates us for higher init units, higher strength power weapons, more attacks on and on. Being able to hit always on a 3+ is one of the wolves great advantages and would be sorely missed. I hope an option to take for all HQ choice at the same cost now.

Wolf Totem: Out

Let's face it without our wargear our HQs are glorified sergeants. I am interested in other wolf brother's opinion on the subject.

WG Vrox

Great Company Banner and the Wolf Totem will probably become the Wolf-equivalent of the Chapter Banner and Company Banner respectively.

Wolf Tooth Necklaces are probably gone, but Russ knows how happy we'll be be if they do keep them.

Wolf Pelts, see above. :P

Belt of Russ will be on Wolf Guard Battle Leaders and Wolf Lords ala Iron Halos in C:SM.

Mark of the Wulfen I dunno, but I'd like for it to stay. Perhaps as an upgrade for a Wolf Lord instead, allowing you to field a 13th Company Army, and then to other characters, but not Wolf Guard. Perhaps for an upgrade character, like Telion?

Runic Armor oughta be just Space Wolf artificer armor, so that should stay.

Wolf Tail Talismans can go, they're nice to have against Psyker-spam armies, but I doubt they'll make the change.

Wolf Helm might be an Ulrik specific item, as would be the Chooser of the Slain for Njal if he shows up.

Runic Charms will most likely be axed and the black banners of mourning will hang long here in the Fang for their passing. *sniff* He was a good 10pts, saved my arse so many times... *sniff* :P

Archived