Name For Chaos Undivided Legion...

Klaxonsfan

Yello, how are we all?

I was just thinking of a name for my own legion of chaos undivided marines and finally came across: Eyes Of Horus.

Now to me the 'eyes' part conveys a type of scouting section of an army. This corresponds to the theme of my army because I am going to be fielding lots of fast moving and very mobile units inc CSM squads in rhinos, biked and raptors. Also the Horus part comes from the fact that my legion are going to be a descendant of the Black Legion.

So just wanted to get peoples views on this name and its relevance to my army.

Cheers

x

(Puts on nerdy hat)

Well technically, a Legion would only comprise those original Marines who went traitor during the Horus Heresy. Anything after that would be a renegade Chapter or Warband.

As for your idea, it works for me and making it comprise of ex-Black Legion Marines works perfectly because Abaddon reformed the Sons of Horus into the Black Legion as a method of erasing the past and severing their ties to the old Warmaster.

It seems fairly reasonable that a group of hardliners, those still loyal to the ideals of Horus, would seperate themselves and lead their own forces, recruiting other Traitor Marines to bolter their numbers.

Make them a fleet based warband, with little in the way of heavy armor (as they don't have the capabilities to maintain it) but lots of Jump Packs or Rhinos which could be stolen from Loyalists and Traitor Marines alike.

(Puts on nerdy hat)

Well technically, a Legion would only comprise those original Marines who went traitor during the Horus Heresy. Anything after that would be a renegade Chapter or Warband.

As for your idea, it works for me and making it comprise of ex-Black Legion Marines works perfectly because Abaddon reformed the Sons of Horus into the Black Legion as a method of erasing the past and severing their ties to the old Warmaster.

It seems fairly reasonable that a group of hardliners, those still loyal to the ideals of Horus, would seperate themselves and lead their own forces, recruiting other Traitor Marines to bolter their numbers.

Make them a fleet based warband, with little in the way of heavy armor (as they don't have the capabilities to maintain it) but lots of Jump Packs or Rhinos which could be stolen from Loyalists and Traitor Marines alike.

Wow, thanks for that Minigun. Seriously.

Ill call my army a renegade chapter form now on. Also, the colour scheme is shown in this thread. I painted a sholder pad of a loyalist as the CSM i ordered havent arrived yet, just scroll down when you click on the link...

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=159814

It shows similarities to the black legion in that the armour is black basically.

Thirdly, just to point out: Iv always liked the idea of a group of outsiders of a main army scouting out the opposition and causing general confusion with hit and runs and lightning fast raids, ready for the main army to come in a sweep everything up. :blink:

Tell me what u think of the colour scheme, if u dont mind...:lol:

x

P.S. Where did u get that nerdy hat? I want one.

i really like the idea of those who still idolize horus seperating from the black legion and the name does say "Scouts" to me. I do like the paint scheme, even though its painted on a loyalist marine :blush:

Cheers Draco and yes, I had some spare SM lying about (who does'nt?!) and no CSM so had no choice :(

However, the CSM arrived this morning and so I shall have at least one fully painted and based for thurs, so keep your eyes open! :P

x

Isn't the Black Legion's symbol called "eye of horus"? Or was that the eight pointed chaos star in general? Either way, a renegade chapter, or even a Black Legion splinter group, calling themself the "Eyes of Horus", while the Black Legion's symbol is the "eye of horus" sounds a little odd.

Isn't the Black Legion's symbol called "eye of horus"? Or was that the eight pointed chaos star in general? Either way, a renegade chapter, or even a Black Legion splinter group, calling themself the "Eyes of Horus", while the Black Legion's symbol is the "eye of horus" sounds a little odd.

Ok Legatus, after further research iv realised you are correct. I did think the name sounded familiar

So I need to think of a name which conveys both the idea of staying true to Horus and the idea of a fast renegade army...

I was perhaps thinking: Talons of Horus?

Tell me what you think. Also any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

x

Actually your Warband can even still have links with Abby in a way.

1) They could be a warband that joins the Legion. A lot of Warbands maintain their identity despite siding with the Warmaster

2) They could be a 'special' unit/warband of the Warmaster for which you can find a fluffy background/special task/history

3) As stated your group may be hardliner Horus fanatics.

4) Give nthe symbol of the BL, Horus in itself is not disliked in itself or anything. He is still revered in a way. Horus has an odd ambiguous position in the BL ideology nowadays. As far as i can tell anyway.

EDIT: Read the thread fully. Yep the symbol is eye of Horus. Talon of Horus is doable BUT the Warmaster wields that in a way.

Still same comments apply as for Eyes of Horus.

Colorschemewise you could try black and red for instance. Or a variant of the old Sons of Horus pattern. Depends who they serve.

maybe make it slightly more worshippy, like the members revere Horus as a god-like being and strive to emulate him.

Then you could look towards some Loyalist's name styles with the Emperor but replace it with Horus.

Things like Horus' Swords or Horus' Faithful, or replace Horus with Warmaster (in reference to the original Warmaster).

Eyes of the Warmaster has a good ring, almost makes it sound like somekind of secret police warband that maintains the Warmasters power internally.

Hmmm...yes Eyes of the Warmaster sounds like the name I'll go with but I have one query about it:

Is it not too similar to the Eye of Horus? I cant say because my knowledge of general fluff is limited. If its OK I shall go with it as the name for my renegade chapter.

If not I shall go with Scions of Horus/the Warmaster...what do people prefer the sound of?

cheers!

x

Archived