Ven Dread

Fellblades

So with all the controversy surrounding which entry to use for a lot of our armored units, i have just one more question. Do we use the C:SW entry for Ven Dreads or the C:SM entry. I would understand using the C:SM entry if the C:SW told us to reference it, but it does not. So it would seem to me that we should use the C:SW for points. Is that correct?

... *grabs Exterminatussock*

The Space Wolves Venerable Dreadnought is a Codex specific choice, completely different from C:SM Venerable Dreadnoughts by inclusion of the Leader and Old and Wise rules. As such, we use the C:SW cost as listed in the Codex.

Now really, does anyone bother reading the zoggin' stickied FAQs anymore? Whelps these days... *stomps off grumpily*

This is covered in the official FAQ, a link to wich can be found at the top of the page. Long story short all the vehicles that are covered in their entirety within our codex are used as they are presented in our codex- the Vendread and Leman Russ.

Now really, does anyone bother reading the zoggin' stickied FAQs anymore? Whelps these days... *stomps off grumpily*

Poor Bran, here have an Ale and cheer up, they're just whelps, it's to be expected. <_<

Ok obviously we use our V-Dread...well it says to get the point cost for Smoke Launchers from C:SM...but they're not listed as an item to "purchase" there. Do we assume the previous points or assume it's free?

That is a pickly question, in C:SM they're a built in option so either 1) We can no longer take Smoke Launchers as they no longer have a points cost or 2) They're free. Beats me which though.

IT spells it out in the GW faq boys.... you take the costs for the options from the armory page of our own codex. Thus smoke costs us a mere 3 points.

Do you mean this FAQ? If so I don't see anything in that about points costs for vehicle wargear specifically unless I totally missed it which is a possibility.

IT spells it out in the GW faq boys.... you take the costs for the options from the armory page of our own codex. Thus smoke costs us a mere 3 points.

Do you mean this FAQ? If so I don't see anything in that about points costs for vehicle wargear specifically unless I totally missed it which is a possibility.

And I quote:

"Use the point costs and

rules from Codex: Space Marines for..."

It then says what vehicles etc are available and then continues to say:

"All of the different variants and

options available to these units in a Space Marine

army are also available to the Space Wolves"

The rules and point costs from codex space marine include the costs and availability of such things as extra armor, smoke launchers etc.

It then continues on to say that Venerable Dreadnaughts are chosen from our list, not C:SM. Our list is the armory+unit entries and thus includes the part of the armory with vehicle upgrades in it. Just like when we buy them from C:SM we buy the upgrades as they would, when we buy from our codex we buy the upgrades as shown there.

Make sense?

Space Wolves vehicles: Use the point costs and

rules from Codex: Space Marines for

Dreadnoughts, Land Speeders, Attack Bikes,

Whirlwinds, Predators, Land Raiders and

Vindicators. All of the different variants and

options available to these units in a Space Marine

army are also available to the Space Wolves. The

exception to this is the Venerable Dreadnoughts,

which must be chosen from the Space Wolves

army list (as detailed on page 7), and not the

Space Marines army list.

Taken straight from the FAQ....Should answer the questions....

Archived