Brother Pyriel has awoken

Barraka

Hail Brothers!

Overdue update [Due to fulltime work and spawning of infant] Damn it feels good to be painting again ^.^

Pyriel

3rd Dreadnought of the 4th Company

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee260/Usiel-40K/PyrielII003.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee260/Usiel-40K/PyrielII001.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee260/Usiel-40K/PyrielIII003.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee260/Usiel-40K/PyrielIII005.jpg

Enjoy, C & C welcome

Usi

That's a very nice model, Usiel. Your painting style is so clean, it complements your miniatures well. I think that the freehand details help strengthen the dreadnought's scheme and that 'iron halo', over the Dark Angels Chapter logo, is a nice touch.

Awesome paint job, very nice indeed and deffinate inspiration for mine (when I finally move onto the loyalist painting...)!! For some reason I really like the stripe on the right shinpad, not sure why...

I am not a fan of the claws, they don't have the Imperial flavour to them, but each to there own...

Greetings, Frater.

This is a very nice, clean paint job. Congratulations on a job well done, and thanks for sharing.

The converted claw isn't quite my cup of tea, but it certainly differentiates this miniature from the standard kit.

Exulto Emperator Brothers!

It is a good day to crush heretics beneath our adamantine heels and scorch them from our beloved Imperiums memory

Thank you for your kind words all!

Now that is a very scarry dred! The claws would make even the most dedicated enemy think three times.

Excellent work, my brother.

My original idea was to have them splayed out, I imagined Pyriel using them like a rotor blade to mince through massed enemies. -BRRRRRR- Ahhh!! ~Gross wet shlup shlup shlup sounds~ :lol:

That's a very nice model, Usiel. Your painting style is so clean, it complements your miniatures well.

I like clean for starters but I really want to practice some good weathering techniques and then attack my whole army with them.

SWEET!!!! I really like the claws on the dread. How did u do that? Random bits or robbed from another model? I might have to borrow that idea if thats ok?

They are scythe blades from the Fantasy Zombie sprews, feel free to copy whatever you like. :) I used a circular file the middle of the DCCW 'fingers' and the back of the blades slotted into the groove nicely

I think that the freehand details help strengthen the dreadnought's scheme and that 'iron halo', over the Dark Angels Chapter logo, is a nice touch.
Grettins Battle Brother,

Good Job, good details the shield with sword. ;)

For me freehand is fairly challenging and really pays off when it works, the Iron Halo and the Checks on the DCCW are some of my fav things about this model (Thanks for noticing =D )

Usi :)

"My what long fingers you have!" :huh:

Seriously a job well done! the paintjob is really clean and does the model justice. While it does seem a little too 'chaotic' for an imperial dred it still looks badass! I did something similar (only a tad shorter :P ) using the skaven doomwheel scythes painted it as a lightning claw.. it's always nice to a dreadnought that can actually grasp things.

well flip me backwards and punch me in the teeth that dred is absolutely gorgeous. I love converted power claw it makes me happy the know that that Is a dark angels dred. Cause if i were a sissy heretic I'd have a hard time getting ready to charge that bad :whistling:. I love the paint job you did on it too it;s really clean and the highlights look amazing.

Hi first time poster, long time lurker. I had to register to say how nice your dread looks. I have decided to start collecting a SM army, once I'm done with my sisters. I was considering DA, but I really wasn't to keen on the paint sheme, but this has made me sure of my choice.

If you don't mind, could you please post how you did the basecolor + highlights. Is it "just" DA green, goblin and snot done very good, or have you any other colors in play?

Thanks again everyone for all the love, us slow painters really need the encouragement :D

I just felt I should say: Space Marines in war are just as horrifying to their enemies as the traitor legions, not in a warped sanity shaking way, but in the brutal manner that they engage the enemy, hard, fast and fuelled buy a xenophobic need to destroy all that is 'inhuman'. The gleam in a zealots eye really unsettles most people, especially when that zealot is an eight foot tall, heavily armoured killing machine. When I imagine Pyrael stalking toward his prey, whirring gore spattered blades, roaring flames and the scream of the assault cannon, I don't think it's a stretch to see a more savage weapon variant on a Loyalist Dreadnought. I think it looks right.

Well that's my two cents anyway :)

Hi first time poster, long time lurker. I had to register to say how nice your dread looks. I have decided to start collecting a SM army, once I'm done with my sisters. I was considering DA, but I really wasn't to keen on the paint sheme, but this has made me sure of my choice.

If you don't mind, could you please post how you did the basecolor + highlights. Is it "just" DA green, goblin and snot done very good, or have you any other colors in play?

That's awesome machinegod, I'm really glad I gave you some inspiration. Here is my green recipe:

Usiel's M41 Dark Angels Green Acrylic Vehicle Sheathing

-Base: Chaos Black Primer -

-Coat panels with watered down Dark Angels Green, using surface tension on a section at a time to avoid streaking and enough paint in the mix to stop transparency, then carefully baked under the lamp -

-Heavy dry brush of Snot Green -

-Watered down Chaos Black in the recesses, rivets etc. -

I was never keen on the GW paint scheme on DA, but I loved how they looked in the artwork. So I started taking note of the differences and applied them to my scheme. Avoid red at all costs, it makes the green look warm and you will find most of the art is done in cool tones. Make the metals look more washed out (less yellow), use white for markings and try to apply bone on decoration where it suits. Amber on the eye lenses also seems to look nice. I also use more white on veterans like Ultramarines 1st company. My Deathwing are stark white shaded with grey and black tones, I find the all over bone looks warm and makes them look out of place with my green DA...

Exulto Emperator!

Usi :P

Archived