"New" Space Wolf Rumors

Battle-Brother Wags

The following was posted by Reecius on Dakka Dakka who, I believe, got it from someplace else and that person got it from someplace else, etc etc. . .

----------------------

40K Space Wolf rumours

Some rumours about changes to the 40K Space Wolf army have been posted on the Chosen Realms message board. These are reposted with permission as the site is only accessible to members.

From their website:

Rumours - Having talked to one of the guys at the LGS, (GW Pompey) there are stories (with him having recently been talking to Phil Kelly, and several of the Dev Team, he didn’t explain why) of the Fenrisian Wolves becoming an option for Space Wolf Armies (I’d assume either a Fast Attack Choice, or a non-FOC selection similar to CSM daemons), with Mediocre stats, but Furious Charge, or similar.

Wishful Thinking - Pretty popular rumour as well (no source as yet, but ask any Space Wolf player from before the Eye of Terror Campaign), is that the Wulfen are going to be allowed to be taken as a Unique choice, similar to the Legion of the Damned.

Special Characters include Logan Grimnar (stats brought into line with Chapter Master, Orbital Bombardment), Bjorn the Fellhanded, Ragnar Blackmane, and the old Wolf Priest I can’t remember the name of. Wolf Lords take the role of Captains, no more Battle Leaders. Frost Blades become Relic Blades. True Grit is removed, but Grey Hunters gain 2 Attacks, Points Cost increase (might get Heavy Weapons). Wolf Guards can be taken as either Terminator Squads, or Veterans.

Blood Claws (Power Armoured SM Scouts, BP/CCW, Power Weapon/Fist upgrades as before) can be taken as either Troops, or if taken as Fast Attack, must take Bikes, or Jump Packs.

Iron Priests become elites, can take Servitor Retinues.

Leman Russ Annhilators [sic. Exterminators] removed. Crusaders and Redeemers added. Distrust of new technology suggests that the Thunderfire is not added. Scouts (no longer 0-1) stay as elite, but can take Bikes. Gain Cluster Mines, Sniper Rifles, WS/BS4, Meltabombs, Power Weapons, Locator Beacons.

Not sure over Drop Podding, or Teleporting. They make use of them, but not too keen on it. I’d imagine that they gain Preferred Enemy vs. Thousand Sons/Troops with MoT, or lose it entirely. Maybe the same for Dark Angels.

I’d also think that the Rune Priests get access to Storm Caller, and all of the new Psychic Powers. Wulfen Rune Priests may be limited to “The Gate”.

Not sure about grey hunters with 2 attacks, would be nice if they could take heavy weapons. Would be cool if the frost weapons stay at +1 str but our special characters get special frost weapons that give a +2 to str. Also, I always liked being able to take the wolf guard as veterans and choose to give them what I want, I hate how regualr marines can only have terminators equiped with a power fist and a storm bolter. Or assualt terminators with a sheild and hammer or twin claws. Hate to lose our battle leaders, but only reason to take them is for the hq need.

As someone over Dakka pointed out, that's an awful lot of guesswork there.

'Rumours', 'wishful thinking' 'Not Sure', 'I'd imagine' and 'I'd Also Think'...

That sounds to me like someone is just guessing what might be in the codex based on how the C:SM changed...

NOOOOOOOOOOO they should NOT take away our Russ tank !

NOOOOOOOOOO they shouldn't take our Frostblade away as well.

relic blades are way better than frost blades (unless im thinking fof a different weapon)

i would rather have a S7 power weapon than a power weapon that +1S that would make a maximum S of 5 whereas relicblades bring a S of 7

or am i missing something

NOOOOOOOOOOO they should NOT take away our Russ tank !

NOOOOOOOOOO they shouldn't take our Frostblade away as well.

relic blades are way better than frost blades (unless im thinking fof a different weapon)

i would rather have a S7 power weapon than a power weapon that +1S that would make a maximum S of 5 whereas relicblades bring a S of 7

or am i missing something

Relic blades are two handed weapons and only S6 not S7. Frost blades leave you one hand free to you can get an extra attack for two CCW

Eckth... Whatever I say.

There have been rumors of a new codex going around for four years now on this board, and I think some posters were bored with them when I arrived so theyve probly been going on longer.

About the only rumor I havent heard is that russ is coming back for the wolf-time in a pink tu-tu with a spear to rally the tau against the forces of chaos.

And yes, that particular one specificly :D.

About the only rumor I havent heard is that russ is coming back for the wolf-time in a pink tu-tu with a spear to rally the tau against the forces of chaos.

And yes, that particular one specificly ;).

it was a space wolf grey tutu! and he had his hair shaven;):D

The wolves one, is not a big stretch IMHO. They are an easy way to further distinguish us from codex marines while maintaining a very wolfy character. I don't think anyone thought Leman Russ would remain(at least I didn't) Frostblade removal would be a surprise. I'd rather have a less capable but unique frostblade. :D

Frankly, the poster doesn't seem to know what he's talking about.

GHs with two attacks = vet sarges. Really don't see squads of vet sarges as a troop choice.

BC as Power armored SM scouts = no change, the real question is do they keep the +2A on the charge or get something else. I'd see either furious charge or fleet.

Drop pods & Teleport - We don't use the latter ... so we have to use the former. Unless they drop the no teleport rule.

Scouts were never 0-1 (only OBEL was) and were always WS/BS4.

Some of it does sound reasonable though, and in line with other codexes. Wulfen as unique elites similar to Legion of the Damned and wolves as FA choices wouldn't be a stretch.

i would hate to see our frost weapons changed.

GH with two attacks?????? no way. there is no way that this can be true. wolf guard maybe, but not grey hunters. would be nice but it wont happen. "ultra grit" yes, two attacks no. maybe the guy got mess up and posted it as two attacks and not that they will have a better load out. and their points better not go up too much. i would see 18 points as "fair" seeing that there would be counter attack and "ultra grit"

Hail brothers, been a while. I see that we are still cussing and discussing about a new codex (you are right grey mage, it has been supposed to be coming out for quite a while.)

Wouldn't Grey hunters + 2 attacks = Grey Slayers? just a thought. Wouldn't that go along with the idea of Wulfen being in the codex?

I don't know about the whole frost vs. relic thing. It'll probably depend on how many attacks our guys have as to which would be better. Since we have a bunch now, I'd almost rather have 5 str. 6 attacks than 6 str.5 attacks.

Anyway, we'll see when we see. Maybe tomorrow, maybe in 5 years either way we'll still be Sons of Russ.

SWLars

*pulls da Big Red Pin on Da Big Red Bomm*

'ere we go ladz, I'z off ter frag dose gitz dat are spreading false Wolf rumors. On dat thought... *grabs Exterminatussock* Yer can neva be too prepared! Waaagh! da Space Wulves proppa Codex! Waaaagh!

*goes off Waaaghing!, headed for Warseer and the purging of said site*

The only thing out of there that I'd even remotely believe is the bit on Fenrisian Wolves. Like Lord Rags said, it's an easy way to make a very Wolfy choice that makes sense. Otherwise, it's about as useful as a steaming pile of Cthllian Grox dung. I take that back, the grox dung may be more useful. :D

*grabs the OP on Warseer and beats him bloody with the Exterminatussock, then chucks him out an airlock*

Gud riddenz ter bad rubbish, ya feffer!

Archived