w/ champion, 3x power swords, drop pod

6x Assault terminators

w/ 4x Lightning Claws, 2x Thunderhammers

2x 10 Tactical marines

w/ flamer, missile launcher, rhino

Land Raider Crusader

w/multi-melta

2x Vindicators

Basically the idea so far has been to have the assault terminators in the land raider charge forward and look to get into CQC as fast as possible. The drop pod with Invictus and his command squad comes down at the start of turn 1 right onto the enemy position. They have to endure 1 round of shooting (which is usually ok because they are such tough units) and then they too can CQC with something. Hopefully the assault terminators arrive to give them support, thereby somewhat trapping the enemy units between the command squad and the land raider w/ terminators.

However, while this list has been seen 3 victorys, 2 draws and 1 loss, I am not all that sure about it. I am considering removing the command squad and replacing it with some vanguard veterans that can heroically intervene later in the game. Invictus would then go in the land raider and lead the assault terminators.

Any and all comments/advice is greatly and much needed! Is it better to use vanguard instead or should I be using the drop pod with command squad differently? Too aggressive with the drop pod, or not aggressive enough?

Thanks in advance!

Archived