The Ilumminated

Scout Sniper

I have been thinking of a new story for a while and want to see what response it gets. The story will involve the Illuminati who minipulate imperial politics in a plot to resurrect the Emperor. I'm not sure how people will respond to this. Anyway here is a blurb of sorts:

"Sergeant Reynald looked down upon the shape of the cursed heretic writhing beneath his Iron-clad boot, and sneered in disdain at his pathetic struggles to break free. He loomed over the human, his armored bulk shadowing the traitor, and drew his ancient blade pressing it to the throat of the demon-worshipping slime.

'Give me one reason not to kill you scum.'

The heretic looked up and spat a gobbet of blood into Reynald's face. His voice grated out of his withered throat, like the rumble of a rockslide - powerful and unstopable.

'I am not the end Dark one, the council will continue the plan, we will be victorious! Ascendant! The STARCHILD WILL RI-'

Reynald's blade pierced the howling creature's throat and in his heart he could fell the truth of the beast's words echoing in his soul. This was not the end this was only the beginning..."

Don't like bumpin' my own posts but no one's even looking at it. the story would involve the Black Templars, the Eldar and some minor Chaos involvment all being minipulated by the Ilumminati, who believe that by locating the emperors immortal children (the Sensei) they can ressurect the Emperor in a new incarnation as the "Starchild" freeing him from the golden throne. There will be two Sensei in the story as to wether they are captured I haven't written the story yet...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mordray

Interesting idea. I've often wondered about this sort of story myself...

I personally don't much care for the BT but I've been known to enjoy stories about/involving them from time to time. If you do write this up I'd read it. Not sure if I'd be able to help you much though...

Guest Mordray
manipulation doesn't just mean you're getting false or miss leading orders... it can also be caused by misleading events or information. Just because something appears one way doesn't mean it really is.

"In the beginning there was the Emperor.

He is and always will be.

Other Gods have come and gone.

But the Emperor is eternal.

He is the light in the darkness,

the child of the stars,

who reigns over us eternal.

But even he cannot stand alone.

The Dark Gods, the great evils,

who even together cannot face his wrath,

have bound him in chains he cannot break,

chains that his own people forged,

that his own people maintain.

Until humanity rises from the darkness,

there can be no victory.

As long as man wallows in evil,

the plan of Chaos is fulfilled.

But he has forseen this,

And in his benificence has granted unto us his children,

the Sensei's, leaders, prophets, holy men.

they shall lead us into a new age.

By their power shall the Starchild be freed,

By their sacrifice will we be saved.

But they are afraid, alone, hunted.

They know not their task.

It is our sacred duty to show them,

guide them into their destiny.

Once we walked blind in the darkness.

Now we are Illumminated."

the creed of the Illumminati

No I thought it up myself, when I was thinking up a plan for the story. Thought I'd put it on here. It sums up exactly how I imagine the Illumminati would feel and believe, that they are not a manipulative Cult but the true religion, who have to help save others no matter what that entails.

"Sigurd walked through the desolate city, between ruins of Cathedrals and manifactoriums. Past the burnt out shells that had once been home to these people; to this world. The sky was red as blood and seemed to mingle with the earth, the blood, corpses and ruins - all that remained of this once vibrant world. He wandered, and as he did so he thought of many things. He thought of what he could have done. He thought of what he did do. He thought of those who suffered and prayed for their salvation. Most of all he thought of the one who caused this madness, the one he now searched for once more.

His path followed what had once been the main road through the hive, though it was unrecognisable now save as a battlefield. He continued until he came to the Governer's palace, his intuition told him this was where he would find him, their kind was drawn to seats of power as moths to a flame. As the... creatures', father sat upon the Golden Throne, so they yearned for a throne of their own. It could not be. Powerful though they are such men can never truly bring anything but pain and death, no matter their intentions.

At last Sigurd came to the gate of the palace, or that which was left of it. A great war machine of brass and bone lay twitching in the ruins of the entrance, it's daemonic heart pierced by the blade of a hero. One of many heroes who fought for this planet, and one of many monstrosities that sought their doom. All dead. Sigurd felt the despair wash over him and welcomed it. Truly in such a war as they fought now, no side could emerge. It was a struggle to the death, and all anyone ever did was make the end that much quicker. This planet was dead, how long before the rest followed it?

Sigurd only awoke from his musings when he entered the throne room and saw the Sensei resting against the dais, where once the throne had stood. He walked over and sat down next to it. There was no fight left in him, no want for needless violence. There was only now, not thinking of tommorow, not knowing of yesterday. The way the wolves thought, the way a Space Wolf thought.

After some time Sigurd spoke, 'you will tell me why. You will tell me why this has happened and how. You will tell me so I can stop this from ever happening again, so that I will not fail again.' The Sensei looked over at him, seeing the haunted, melancholy look in his eyes and nodded, 'I think I will. You deserve that much anyway, for all your sacrifice young one.' he appeared to think for a moment before speaking. 'I will start at the beginning. When the Emperor had conquered Earth, but before the creation of the Primarchs, he persued another method of creating children...'"

I'm not sure if you want criticism or not, but these are all quick corrections which improve it so...

these are mostly the spelling + grammatical errors which are all minor but whatever (didn't correct a lot of them as I don't doubt that you just overlooked them):

Past the burnt out shells that had once been home to these people ; to this world. The The sky was as red as blood

He wandered, and as he did so he thought of many things

Do you mean wondered? If not then it's an odd choice of words seeing as he is actually going somewhere and not wandering.

As the... creature's, father

"creatures' "

no matter their intentions

it's daemonic heart

One of many heros

I will start in the beginning

had conquered earth

he persued

Sorry if you didn't want criticism, just say so and I won't do it again ;)

Hope that helped and I'm looking forward to your story. Keep it up!

Thanks for the help with those mistakes col.woods606

The Sensei were around before the Emperor conquered Earth. Just thought I'd let you know.

As to this, some Sensei were around before the conquest of Earth, some were born during the creation of the Space Marines and some were born during the great crusade. The particular Sensei who is telling the story is telling his own personal story, from his point of view. As the Sensei are immortal and rarely (if ever) meet, he assumes that he was the first, or nearly the first to be born, because he has never heard of older Sensei, just like the younger ones probably don't know that he exists.

• 2 weeks later...

Was just reading the creed and are the Illumminati a group of mainly Marines?

If so then third line down from the top starts with "Other Gods.." which would imply that the Emperor is a god. Space Marines do not see the emperor as a God.

Just to let you now :P

Archived